Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

removing / disabling rear heater system?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

removing / disabling rear heater system? Empty
PostSubject: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm

I am planning on removing almost all of my seats and trim from the rear of my Hiace. Along with that I plan on installing a diesel heater. This will make the rear heater system redundant for my needs. I am curious as to what everyone recommends for the most graceful/simple way of either removing or disabling the rear heater system so I can put some blank paneling over that area and reclaim some cavity space for either the diesel heater or other electrical needs?
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 3:13 pm

You can delete everything from the rear heater up to the valve unit that's operated by the lever in the trim panel, and then just take the rubber coolant hose that's forward of the valve unit, and close the loop at the hard lines. I had to do this due to a hard line closer to the heater matrix that was leaking, and it was quick and easy to do. Be prepared to lose/catch a little coolant in the process. It's possible you could delete even further forward, but this is probably the easiest access point.

removing / disabling rear heater system? Clampe10
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 9:08 am

Also check my diesel heater install in the 'Modifications' section, as I did what you propose.
I don't go int huge detail, but the placement I found is close to where the old blower lived, as the floor is nicely accessible.
Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 12:45 am

I’ve also installed a diesel heater in the cruising cabin version and then relocated it to be more effective.

https://youtu.be/59m-RBV0y_Y
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing / disabling rear heater system?   removing / disabling rear heater system? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removing / disabling rear heater system?
Page 1 of 1