Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear heater

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jazmax
Not so new now
Not so new now
jazmax

Number of posts : 27
Home City : glasgow
Registration date : 2007-10-25

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:54 pm

anyone know how to get heat out of the rear heater,it blows cold
when the main van heater in hot.there is a switch ,ive tried it in both setting STILL COLD.i think its conected to the vans coolent ,is there a
motorised valve ? any ldears cheers jaz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:44 am

If its not the rear heat control you could check fuse 17 which is for the rear heating
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:51 pm

the fact its blowing should mean its getting power... on mine you switch the power on in the front to the rear heating and then set the rear control to select the tempreture in the rear.... the heating ducts on mine are down close to the floor .... not to be confused with the a/c which is up on the roof.... bit strange having two completely seperate controle systems and separate venting...
Back to top Go down
jazmax
Not so new now
Not so new now
jazmax

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 pm

its a seperate heater that i think runs off vans coolant plus its got ac pipes atached.the switch in the rear says up for heat ,its live , but still no heat.the heater has a a maker mark ATTWOOD AIR.dose this help anyone. Smile its got also a propex lpg heater ,which is indpendant,
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm

On my LH119 Camper, there is a smal radiator under the seat near the side sliding door with a switch at the side with three settings- pull out to operate.There is a grill from which the hot (really hot!) air comes.
Perhaps there is an airlock or your cooling system needs flushing. The blower working indicates electrical power - no heat presumably means no heated coolant getting through to the heat exchanger(radiator)
The rear a/c in mine is above the bench seat rear facing behind the drivers seat. Totally seperate unit.
Back to top Go down
jazmax
Not so new now
Not so new now
jazmax

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:37 pm

i thought that i flushed syetem ,left cap off,till coolant was hot,no joy,must be a valve someware to turn heat off /on.
the heater unit has four pipes to it two ac two from engine .
plus blower,sits under rear seat,the wire from the heat switch heads off into engine bay,some ware. Idea
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Forgot to say that on the top of my blower unit (under the seat) there is a small black lever that turns off the coolant flow!! Look at the pipes see if there is a valve!!
Back to top Go down
jazmax
Not so new now
Not so new now
jazmax

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Smile cheers ill look for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear heater Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear heater   rear heater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear heater
Page 1 of 1