Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wiring day time running lights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Habibi

Number of posts : 1
Home City : calgary
Registration date : 2021-01-19

wiring day time running lights Empty
PostSubject: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 11:08 pm

Hello all!

I have just imported my van and I absolutly love it! but now I need to get it out of province inspected before I can register it.
I'm trying to wire day time running lights to my 98 SC living saloon, but I cant seem to find any wiring diagrams for the headlights.
this is a requirement for inspection in my province.

has anyone had experience doing this? doesn't matter if its too the headlights or the fog lights just as long as they turn on with key power.
any help is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 4:27 am

Why not just take a battery feed (via an inline fuse) through a relay to the DRL's, feed the relay coil from the key switch 'ON' contact, or do they need to turn off when the main lights are on? Sorry I don't have any familiarity with your country's regulations.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 10:10 pm

Perhaps a wire in the fusebox would do it? You can buy 'fuse extenders' that allow the original fuse with a strailing wire from one side. Find the fusebox with the DRLs (Test-lamp which you try the ignition), and find the DRL fuse, and see it wiring them together (on the non power side of the fuses for safety).
Back to top Go down
ironstalin

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Burnaby
Registration date : 2021-07-06

PostSubject: Re: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 4:02 am

Any luck figuring out how? I just imported HiAce 2002 KZH106, finally got new headlights with E1 markings and now need to figure out how to make them stay on while the engine is running Smile
Back to top Go down
Plisi3.0

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Calgary
Registration date : 2023-01-30

PostSubject: Re: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 am

ironstalin wrote:
Any luck figuring out how? I just imported HiAce 2002 KZH106, finally got new headlights with E1 markings and now need to figure out how to make them stay on while the engine is running Smile

Did you figure this out? I too am in Alberta and I didn’t know I need the E1 housing on the headlights
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring day time running lights   wiring day time running lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wiring day time running lights
Page 1 of 1