Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uggi4711

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2021-12-06

Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:58 pm

Hey hiace friends,

I've bought for my 93 hiace a pair tails lights from ebay, since I have them on my car, the back lights stays on, if I'm break or not, it's really dangerous for the driver behind me... Sad

Had someone the same problems?

Thank you very much!!
Back to top Go down
Uggi4711

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:59 pm

Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  H7a3e211Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  H7a3e211
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 8:22 pm

When the brake pedal is released it should contact a microswitch which operates the lights. The pedal arm has a small rubber pad which may fall off so the microswitch doesn't get pushed. That happened on mine and somebody else here had the same problem. If that has happened to yours the pad may well be on the floor and it's easy to glue back on.
Back to top Go down
Uggi4711

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 12:56 am

Thanks for your message!!

So the main problem is now, if I'm just turn the lights on, the brake lights going on, and if I'm turn the lights off, and brake, the normal light
Its going on...😩

It's 100% this cable faulty...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f90/20/39/09/59/16482510.jpg
Back to top Go down
Excalibur
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Hamilton
Registration date : 2022-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 6:59 am

Weird things can happen when a ground wire is missing or ineffective. Run a temporary jumper to a known good ground and re-test.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...    Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket tail lights, brake lights stays on...
Page 1 of 1