Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
turbodiesel

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Oakland
Registration date : 2021-01-28

1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Empty
PostSubject: 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace   1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 3:33 am

heya. im the new owner of a 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra-long cruisin cabin hightop hiace. it's being picked up in Washington state, USA in a few weeks (dropped off from Canada), and its home base will be in oakland, california, usa. thanks for having this forum and letting me be here!

to be real with you, i don't know jack shit about anything. if there's anyone who is extra familiar with this van, i'd love to talk shop with you.

in the meantime, a question for the group: i'm wanting to lift this van to add clearance as well as get bigger tires on it. anyone have any advice on what kind of lift kit to get and where i can source it from?

per the vin, it's noted as the following on toyodiy:
01/1996 TOYOTA HIACE (KZH138V-EFPDT)
DX JPN HRF 1KZTE TDE 4FC 4WD V1 1000K 4D 03S SG

cheers y'all!

jonathan

Roamer likes this post

Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace   1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 am

Hi there I have the 2 wheel drive semi high top extra long camper version it has the 3ltr 1kzte engine with auto box , they are a bit thirsty by British standards so I run it on WVO blend not without problems not all to do with WVO. Two years on and 15,000 miles all is well, quite willing to convers on matters such as ECU fuel filters catch cans turbo pressures etc.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace   1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 4:47 pm

If you're on your way from WA to CA, talk to Roamer NW as they have a lift kit for the Hiace you can swing by an pick up on the way down.

Roamer likes this post

Back to top Go down
ajplowe

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom KZH106 3L
Registration date : 2020-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace   1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 2:45 am

I have a 1994 super custom 4WD KZH106 3L that I got here in Seattle 3 months ago. Mike and Michael from NW Roamer installed their 2" lift kit (plus some other things) on it. Really nice guys to work with. NW Roamer also happens to be based in my neighborhood in Seattle, so happy to talk in person (6-feet) if you're driving through the neighborhood.

kelt2 and Roamer like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace   1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1996 turbo diesel 4wd extra long cruisin cabin hightop hiace
Page 1 of 1