Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
new_clear_winter

Number of posts : 3
Home City : SAN LUIS OBISPO
Registration date : 2021-01-12

Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking?   Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 5:21 am

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 1995 Hiace Super Custom Limited 3.0L Turbo diesel, 180,000km on the ODO. I'm brand new to diesel engines and had a question about something I spotted in the engine bay. See picture below.

Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking? Img_0011

What is the cylindrical part that the arrow is pointing to? I think this might be the source of a possible leak. Is this a major issue? A simple part swap?

Also if anyone has a reliable link to a 1995 owners manual or a recommended maintenance schedule that would be great!
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking?   Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 pm

That is the filter between the inlet manifold and the turbo pressure sensor they are prone to blockage and cracking causing loss of power also the pipes can become brittle with age (same loss of power) they are not cheap, you can replace the filter with a simple transparent in line fuel filter a tenth of a a Toyota one, to test if these two components are working correctly simply take one of the pipes of and test drive. My SC had a blockage actually in the inlet manifold, simple to poke it clear but an indication of sludge build up in the inlet a result of crankcase fumes plus EGR gasses.
Back to top Go down

Semi wet soot buildup in...something leaking?
Page 1 of 1