Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaking STILL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:55 am

Ok, I really need help to nut this thing out. My 99 SC is leaking on my foot when it rains. Best I can track is its coming from high on the right hand side. It drips down on my right foot when I drive. The carpet is soaking wet & it stinks!
I don't *think* its the windscreen seal but I guess it could be but how would I get up in there to see?
Others have mentioned the air con vents. Now this could be something. Yesterday I turned all the vents so they where closed & put it so the air was blowing towards my feet (to dry & help dry it out!) and I *think* the drip isn't as bad but it is still coming in.

I have also read something about a seal to do with the wipers that can perish & it s a bugger to get to / replace etc. Anyone know what this could be?

Now the thing I have noticed is it seems the water pools. I can get nothing & then go around a left hand corner & I will get a sudden splash on my foot, still in the form of drips but alot more then just a drip if you can get what I mean..

Please if you have any ideas of where to look or who to even take it too to figure it out I would really appreciate it. The wet season & a leaky car is not going to end well!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:14 am

Do you have a sun roof? I'd look at the drain pipes from that if you have.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 am

no, no sunroof
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 am

Leaking STILL Car10
its coming from what ever that is (that has the blue line. ) The photo is from behind the dash/speedo area coming from up underneath above the pedals. Looking towards the right of teh car.
Back to top Go down
robysam
robysam

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Chester, UK
Model and year : KZH138 4x4 Camper3L Turbo Diesel 1995
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi Fiona,

I've got the same problem - no sunroof but a leak pretty high up under the windscreen which is dripping into the passenger side footwell.

I'm probably going to get the windscren out to check its not the rubber.

This is a royal pain in the a55 having to dry the carpets out all the time.

Will let you know how I get on.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:33 am

Really late update haha..

I ended up getting the windscreen replaced and that did solve the drip on the foot but I still have water getting in somehow. Its driving me insane!
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 pm

My leak came from a drain hole at the base of the windscreen on the driver's side. The plastic drain pipe had come off. From memory, I think that hole was simply plugged up.
Back to top Go down
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Mine had same problem. By accident I found the windscreen squirters were loose. Sealed them up with a little bit of black sealant and job done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaking STILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking STILL   Leaking STILL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaking STILL
Page 1 of 1