Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sonar parts?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Sonar parts? Empty
PostSubject: Sonar parts?   Sonar parts? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 7:55 am

I’ll be removing the sonar that came with my van because I’ve never used it, I’ve got a sweet back up camera system, and I need the dash space. So far I’ve carefully removed the rear bumper wire harness and the control module from the rear fender well area. I might start cutting wires off the sensors and keep the sensors on to fill the holes in the bumpers.

From what I understand the sonar is not very common, so I imagine finding replacement parts is almost impossible. Does anyone foresee needing any of the wiring/ module/ sensors/ control panel or should I just scrap them?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

Sonar parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonar parts?   Sonar parts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Mine doesn’t work and at least one of the rear sensors is cracked. If you are getting rid of the sensors or any of the parts I’d love to try to get mine working again. Not sure how easy it would be to mail these to London though
Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Sonar parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonar parts?   Sonar parts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Haha, well postage might be a bit steep, but I’d rather they go to a good home than the scrap heap. I pulled out the 4 sensors from the rear bumper and all the associated wires up to and including the module box behind the rear wheel arch. Found some nifty flush mound led rock lights on Amazon that fit in with no problem for supplemental reverse lights. I plugged the holes on the top corners with rubber grommets, but it’s literally a square hole and round peg situation. There are some scrapes and scratches and If I keep this bumper long term I’ll fibreglass them shut when I repaint the bumper but for now closes off everything fine enough. Hopefully tackle the front bumper/ wiring/ and switch panel this week.Sonar parts? C9faab10
Sonar parts? E3d0ee10
[url=https://servimg.com/view/18308575/3]Sonar parts? C218f710
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Sponsored content

Sonar parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonar parts?   Sonar parts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonar parts?
Page 1 of 1