Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over

Go down 
+2
kelt2
GPW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hoot666

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Gisborne
Registration date : 2020-08-19

Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Empty
PostSubject: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 am

Hey all first time poster love what you done with the place!! Iv joined the world of super customs and love what I see!!

So my new van in all its glory it's a 95 3l turbo auto 4wd! It's called frank the tank!

When I shut the sliding door it clicks over and over then gives up... But some times it goes once and sucks in and looks like it does what it supposed to, and when I open it if I try to pull the handle fully it doesn't so anything... But if I like half pull the handle sometimes it opens first time other it dose t do anything....is this normal??? But sometimes I half pull the handle and it does the over and over click and if I time it right i can grab the door and open it... So weird IV never seen anything like it.. also the door doesn't lock on the central locking key no matter what position I have left it sitting in... I have to manually lock it it is this normal?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm

The auto close should just click once and it's done.
It should not affect opening of the door.

Check the multiple contacts for the door when it's closed, they must be clean and in good condition.
If so, you will need to remove the sliding door trim (easy with a trim tool) and look at the mechanism.

hoot666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kelt2
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 68
Home City : portland
Registration date : 2018-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 am

mine started doing that recently - cleaned all the contacts properly - sorted. no more cladunka-dunk sound every few seconds whilst driving.

hoot666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
hoot666

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 8:18 pm

I just realised I seem to be missing a set of contacts... Are there 2 sets?? Or has the previous owner just rewired and moved??
Back to top Go down
NZ Scotty
NZ Scotty

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Northland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2020-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 5:00 am

hey mate, mine did the same thing (clicking sliding door) so checked the contact mounts (one was slightly loose) gave the contacts a mild clean with sandpaper, drenched everything in CRC (WD-40)

..and BINGO, so far so good Wink

hoot666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
hoot666

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks for the replys guys! Turns out if you put any back would pressure on the door as it comes to a shut the lock doesn't like it and has a a hissy fit, replaced the wood to a size that fitted nicely and it works fine now!
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom KZH106 3L
Registration date : 2020-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 8:56 pm

Its been awhile since anyone posted to this, but wanted to see if I could get some counsel. I have the sliding door clickey-clickey thing and its driving me (and the kids) crazy.

In the past it has seemed to have been connected to cold weather, where once closed it will continue to click over and over, 5-6 times, then stop. Its not that its making additional progress on closing the door....just seems to go into a bit of a stutter, then stop.

I cleaned the contacts, etc., and that seemed to help.

Now its doing it while driving. Seems every time we hit a bump or take a hard turn it'll activate the door mechanism through a number of cycles, then stop. I was thinking maybe the door is shifting a bit so it thinks its separated, but I don't see any movement in the door. Kids are used to the idiosyncrasies of the Hiace, but they are on me about this one as the noise is louder in the back.

What worries me more then the noise is that I'm assuming the door mechanism only has so many clicks to give...and if I'm burning through 100 of them per drive I'll soon not have a functioning door.

Anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 10:23 pm

There's a large pin, not really sure what to call it, about mid way up the rear door frame. The door lock engages with this to pull the door closed. On mine the bolts holding the pin had worked loose allowing the door to have some movement. Tightening them fixed the problem. It's worth checking and only takes a moment.
Back to top Go down
ajplowe

Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom KZH106 3L
Registration date : 2020-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:12 pm

Thank you for the reply. I checked and I think its sufficiently tight. I did un-tighten and adjust the position of the pin a bit as there is a bit of play with the position. I'll see what that does and will then re-adjust to see if that does anything. There does seem to be a decent amount of play in where the bolt settles...likely enough to upset the mechanism if its finicky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over   Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sliding door on my new van clicks over and over
Page 1 of 1