Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinosaurneil

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Portland Oregon
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom, 1KZ-TE, AWD, ATM
Registration date : 2020-06-09

HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Empty
PostSubject: HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket   HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 8:42 pm

My 1994 AWD with 1KZ-TE and automatic transmission has what I believe to be a leaking oil pan gasket.
Oil pan removal due to leak at gasket.

To access the two rearmost bolts on the pan there is a plate attached to the bottom of the transmission bell housing that is in the way. Also attached to this plate are two cast steel arms connecting the bottom of the transmission to the engine block.

Can I remove those Cast arms (stiffening plates) and bolts on the plate without also having to drain my transmission? Do I need to add any additional suport to the transmission if I remove those cast arms? I really hope I can remove the arms and plate temporarily without concern. Otherwise removing the oil pan is a real pain.

Thanks all!
HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket   HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 11:20 am

On the 2WD there are only 3 points mounting the engine+trans.

So in my opinion you should be able to remove anything that doesn't impact those mounting points safely, but will need a small stand/jack if not.

Sorry I don't know about the cast mount bolts, IMO they are unlikely to be oil tight: but if they are they'll have copper crush washers on them. Loosen and see?
Back to top Go down
Dinosaurneil

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Portland Oregon
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom, 1KZ-TE, AWD, ATM
Registration date : 2020-06-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket   HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 am

Thanks GPW.

I replaced the gasket over the weekend but I am still dripping oil...

Anyway, as far as my original post is concerned, those brackets can be unbolted and the end plate removed to access the back of the oil pan and it's rearmost bolts.

Now I'm afraid it's the rear main seal I have to contend with.
Back to top Go down
Bagface
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 59
Home City : Aussie
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Living Saloon Ex 4wd 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-06-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket   HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 2:06 pm

start at the top with gravity - the rocker cover gasket?

spray a can of degreaser right up in there - scrub all oil off /powerwash off- soooo messy

see where teh oil starts - it frequently is teh rocker cover gasket - easy fix..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket   HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP: I need to fix a leaking oil pan gasket
Page 1 of 1