Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIY head gasket replacement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4camperman

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Stamford, England
Model and year : 1990 hiace custom wagon touring cabin camper
Registration date : 2009-11-02

DIY head gasket replacement Empty
PostSubject: DIY head gasket replacement   DIY head gasket replacement Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi all
My Hiace campervan has a blown head gasket (2.8 non-turbo, 4wd, auto, 3L diesel). Although I have not done one of these I have replaced HG's on cars before. While I was on I was going to replace the timing belt and tensioner and check over the radiator as it is showing some signs of leakage (blue furring).

Anyone got any tips or advice, potential pitfalls, show stoppers etc. As for timing I'm hoping for it being a single weekend job...?

Any ideas also for where best to buy parts (best as in they will turn out to be the right ones once I'm oiled up the armpits and good on price).
All comments welcome.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

DIY head gasket replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY head gasket replacement   DIY head gasket replacement Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm

You have a pm.

Timing belf replacement just a moring job as long as you have the timing marks to hand!
Back to top Go down

DIY head gasket replacement
Page 1 of 1