Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeTW

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2019-02-06

Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Empty
PostSubject: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 am

Hi,

Stab in the dark within a dream of hope, but does anyone know where I can get one of the above? Just the selector module with all the buttons....

Cheers,

Mike

PS I’m in New Zealand
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Start trolling buyee.jp? I have seen the entire console several times for sale, but I don't think I've ever seen just the selector unit. You Kiwis have the advantage of wrecking yards (weren't the Hiaces domestically sold?), have you tried contacting them?
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 am

Give these guys a ring, they've helped us a few times and they seem to have quite a few vehicles to pull bits from:
King Commercials in Rotorua ph 07 357 4557
If not they seem to be able to contact other places and find things.

Is yours missing completely or is it damaged and maybe repairable?
Back to top Go down
MikeTW

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2019-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 8:58 am

The hot pot button was sticking, so disassembled & cleaned. Reassembled to find another button wasn’t quite right. Disassembled again but used too much force (you’d think after removing 4 screws it would come apart easily!) and snapped the post off the OFF button!!!

Then the real amateur move was when I tried a tiny dab of superglue which just ended up gluing the mechanism permanently off. As I said - amateur.

After reading your post (and calming down) I’ve managed to prise the mutha out. So I can still use it, but will have to slightly press the hot/cold/ice buttons to turn off.

Summer’s here, beers need to be cold bro...
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:23 am

Post some pictures of the damaged bits. I'm a retired electronics tech, I may be able to help with repair if I can see exactly what you've over-enthusiastically broken. There were some common push button assemblies that many manufacturers used and I have some bits in my parts boxes (some may call it 'junk' but it isn't when you need something!) Only too glad to help if I can, you'd only need to post it up here to Hamilton.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Hey Mike, You're in Wellington too! Glad you've semi-fixed it. Are you aware of Jamie of Toyota Commercial Dismantlers in Taita? He's always had Super Customs in and he's always been my first stop for glass & various trim parts. Good prices.
For switches & random trim pieces Pick A Part is a great place to sift for matching bits from the various Toyotas of the era. Previas, Lite/Townaces & Coronas have a mix of identical switches & fittings.
Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Bangkok
Model and year : 1990 hiace super custom limited Q-LH107Q
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 4:17 pm

Who has wiring diagram with Hot and cool box. i really nee it. Can somebody help me please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module   Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool/hot box with ice maker + Hot pot selector module
Page 1 of 1