Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mechanical

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bec Clark

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Gin gin
Registration date : 2019-12-08

Mechanical Empty
PostSubject: Mechanical   Mechanical Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 5:09 am

HELP!!!
I have a HiAce KZH100. The cooling system shat itself yesterday. We think it is the thermostat as have put new hoses on and it's still over heating. Where is the thermostat located please?? Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Mechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical   Mechanical Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 8:09 pm

I believe your tstat is located on the driver's side of the engine block. Follow the upper radiator hose on the driver's side back to the block and the tstat should be there.

Mechanical Kzh10010
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Mechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical   Mechanical Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Bec Clark wrote:
HELP!!!
I have a HiAce KZH100. The cooling system shat itself yesterday. We think it is the thermostat as have put new hoses on and it's still over heating. Where is the thermostat located please?? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

What type of engine do you have?
If it's the 1kz-te then it's as above, but it's non trivial to reach it. You need to remove the drivers seat and unbolt the plate, then you can reach down and feel where the housing bolts are - it's a metal pipe+housing with also a lower bolt so you may need access from below or long arms.
Part 16321 is the casting you need to remove, one bolt is low, IIRC they are fairly small 10mm bolts so be VERY careful undoing them as accessibility for getting snapped ones out is 'limited'. Perhaps undo them like a tap - half a turn forward, quarter turn back if they are stiff. Use lots of WD40. Put back with copper-grease.

I wrote a long post on this site about the subject and possible mods with lots of links and photos, also the hilux forums have them. The 1kz-te has a 'trendy' inlet thermostat cooling system that was in my view not Toyota's finest hours and has burned all manufacturers who used it, some quite badly. Consider putting back a lower temperature one, MPG will suffer slightly but it's safer.

ETA: 1kz-te data here:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3430-cooling-the-1kz-te-in-the-hiace-super-custom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical   Mechanical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanical
Page 1 of 1