Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cht sensor and gauge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowshoes

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Benbrook, TX
Registration date : 2019-01-15

Cht sensor and gauge Empty
PostSubject: Cht sensor and gauge   Cht sensor and gauge Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 am

I bought a temp gauge for my 1kz-te that you’re normally supposed to put underneath the head bolts but I don’t wanna risk warping my head by messing up the torque settings so I’m trying to find a different spot to put it on the engine any idea where I could put it that’s easier? And what temperature should i watch for on the gauge at that spot to save the head? The sensor I bought is https://ebay.us/pn2XDu Incase you’re interested in getting your own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Cht sensor and gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cht sensor and gauge   Cht sensor and gauge Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 11:24 am

I doubt anyone would put it under a head bolt, anyway the hole looks too small.
Why not choose one on the bolts from the water outlet at the front of the head?

I'm going to fit an alarm to my existing sender, if you fix the gauge (see my thread about eliminating the deadspot) and add a voltage threshold detector (eBay - cheap) to sound a buzzer you may not need a 3rd party gauge.
Back to top Go down

Cht sensor and gauge
Page 1 of 1