Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking of a conversion.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Thinking of a conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of a conversion.   Thinking of a conversion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:26 am

Why bother..let someone else do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Granvia-same-as-the-Hiace-choice-of-roofs_W0QQitemZ160217187055QQihZ006QQcategoryZ14256QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a conversion.   Thinking of a conversion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 pm

seen these in the flesh.... I think the bongos a much simpler option as it comes with factory fitted rising roof.... the granvias quite thirsty so if you were going to go to all this bother you'd be better to stick it in a vw which is more economcal and has better residual value come trade in time...
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a conversion.   Thinking of a conversion. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Nice set-up but only practical if you just want a camper. My camping set-up is a set of boxes that lay flat to extend the bed or can be stacked to cook on, or rearranged it so I can have Mtn bikes standing in the middle, firewood staked on the floor, or take my camping kit out in a couple of minutes and have space for moving big stuff around.

It’s practical but not pretty.
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a conversion.   Thinking of a conversion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Typical camper set up. Not much different than the VW boy's set up. Clean looking enough, just a standard install. Would like to know what a job they've done to the wiring and gas set-up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a conversion.   Thinking of a conversion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of a conversion.
Page 1 of 1