Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
martinjohn

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Nelson, BC, Canada
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Empty
PostSubject: Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace   Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Looking into purchasing a Hiace that has been partially camperized. Had a good friend say that four cylinder diesels have issues with head gaskets failing due to overheating. The Hiace is a 1990 and only has 70000 k, and I think it would be a sweet deal. Any suggestions/ideas/advice on this? I have heard some Hiace's engines can go as long as 300000 km and over. Thanks in advance,

Martin
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace   Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Pity you arn't in Australia as I am planning on selling mine as I cannot drive anymore due to medication etc .I had to replace the head about 2years back , expensive but now have a great super custom that I can no longer use and hasn't done many k's since .
My outfit has about 180 on the clock and runs sweet ..so I spose with regular servicing and preventive maintenance , these motors should do the 300 easily ..
cheers Terry
Back to top Go down
cdaly87

Number of posts : 2
Home City : perth wa
Registration date : 2014-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace   Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi maztez, can you send me some info on your sale? I am looking at getting my first one. (From perth)
Back to top Go down
strapontin

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2014-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace   Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 am

maztez wrote:
Pity you arn't in Australia as I am planning on selling mine as I cannot drive anymore due to medication etc .I had to replace the head about 2years back , expensive but now have a great super custom that I can no longer use and hasn't done  many k's since .
My outfit has about 180 on the clock and runs sweet ..so I spose with regular servicing and preventive maintenance , these motors should do the 300 easily ..
cheers Terry

Hey Maztez, if you're serious about selling, I'm looking to into purchasing a Super Custom 4wd. I had a Hiace 4wd camper with the 2.8 Diesel when I lived in the UK and miss it dearly.

I'll shoot you a PM as well. I would rather buy from an enthusiast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace   Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking About Purchasing A Used Hiace
Page 1 of 1