Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi_G

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom, 4WD, Lifted, Self Contained Camper Conversion.

Registration date : 2018-12-15

New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Empty
PostSubject: New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.   New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:21 am

New proud owner of a '91 Super Custom lifted 4WD fitted out for camping. I've done 15,000K's in the last 2.5 months and am loving it! When I first got her she was running very rough as she hadn't been used for 6 months so I changed all fluids, motorup in the diesel/transmission/oil and she runs super smooth now. Here in NZ you need a 'self containment certificate' for freedom camping, having this means I can camp virtually anywhere, and I do!
Here's a couple of photos from when I was sorting out my bedroom..  

New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Img_0611
New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Img_0610
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.   New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 10:22 am

Hi!!

Great pic, thanks for posting that, for some reason very few post the inside of their camper conversions, I think because it's so dark inside with the tints. Yours is good as it's instantly convertible to carry stuff and that bed is low volume. I found with my MPV seats folded down there wasn't much storage as the seats themselves took rather a lot of space.

That's the layout I'm aiming for with my conversion but I'm doing a 'rip out the side panels and build from the van sides' type one as I gain around 6-8" of width that way which I need for the single-double bed conversion. In single bed mode it's that layout.
Also in the frozen UK sadly we need more insulation and heat Wink.

Feel free to post more pics of that neat kitchen unit, looks good!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_G

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom, 4WD, Lifted, Self Contained Camper Conversion.

Registration date : 2018-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.   New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 am

I'm about to pull out the rear panels and insulate as well..
Excuse the mess.

GPW wrote:
Hi!!

Feel free to post more pics of that neat kitchen unit, looks good!

New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Img_0615
New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Img_0614
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.   New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Cool!

Checkout the conversion thread here:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3479p25-camping-conversions

Please post ideas and comments. You have the same side panels as me, just lift the fuzzy tops off (mind door rubbers) and the panels are fairly easy bar the odd hidden clip, then I had to re-route the wiring loom which is on plugs and sockets so pretty easy. I took out the old rear heater and will install my diesel heater in a few days, theres a nice spot on the floor it can go.

Where your sink is I'll put the fridge (but a bit higher up), ideally on a 500mm slide-out rail shelf so the drivers seat can move forward out the way and the fridge can slide into the space left, opening up the lounge.

My sink will now probably be built into the short side cupboard, leaving the front battery box area free for perhaps a cheap plastic 3 drawer wardrobe that can also slide back out of the way into the passenger seat space.

We can't swivel Hiace seats but we can still use the space. I'm also leaving a gap to climb back from the drivers seat so if the weather is rubbish I don't have to go outside LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.   New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner & member: 91 Hiace Super Custom, lifted, 4WD.
Page 1 of 1