Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beenz44

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-10-17

95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Empty
PostSubject: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 5:09 am

Hey everyone, so the camper conversion is beginning on my sc and i have no need for the rear seats anymore. Id love for them to go to a good home and be loved by someone else. They are as good as the day they left the factory. They are located on the northern beaches of Sydney,Australia but could ship at your expense. I think $500 is a fair price considering the condition. Let me know if you are interested before they get turned into a drinking station in the man shed.
95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION 15431210
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi Beenz, I see you also have the moonroof model the same as me.

Coincidentally this week I also decided to convert mine into a camper too!!! After looking at new and used hitop Ducato campers I've decided to give the little Hiace a chance to see what it can do as a custom camper!!

BTW Good luck with the seat sale, while I'm sure they are worth your asking price the number of people requiring new rear seats may be vanishingly small for the same reason you have them spare. Mine will be used as comfy garage seating, maybe screwed to two bits of wood.

Any idea of camper layout?

My idea is to strip the big long side panels off (I need the space - it's quite narrow!) and line with insulation and 4-6mm ply. Then to build a bed at the back (right to the tailgate) and a kitchen/heater/electrical/ICE/charging unit at the front with space for a portable loo and fridge (may position fridge at the cooler back). Then the bed area can have a fold-up backrest for sitting up in bed looking back and to form a seat looking forward next to the slidy door.

I've just taken the back seat out (quite easy if you remove the cables first) and now puzzling how to get the runners out!
Back to top Go down
Beenz44

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-10-17

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks for your reply!! Yeah I figured as much with the seats. I just thought that maybe there was someone out there restoring to new and given the condition seemed a waste to not at least tell people about them.
With the runners....... I took mine out yesterday. So there is a plastic cover at each end which will reveal a bolt. There is also a plastic strip that runs down the length of each side, pull that up. Once that’s up you can lift the carpet and you’ll find some cheeky bolts on each side holding it down. I think there’s 6 in total on each side. As for camper set ups I’m going with a false floor from tail gate to 400mm shy of back seats. Two rear drawers and one that come out the roller door on the side. One rear drawer has a fold out bench top and turns into kitchen. Luckily I’m in Australia and there’s not really any need to be inside the van all that often. It’s more of an outside kinda place and also when I’m away on trips I just go to the pub of it gets too bad haha. Then dual battery and fridge set up in front of the bed

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Yeah worked out how to get the runners out eventually, felt along the carpet to the bolts. Now I have something to bolt the woodwork to LOL.

Also took the short side panel off, can see the inside of the bodywork now. The 'Can't stick it back the way it was' event horizon is expected to be crossed next week. There will be mighty cutting of much plywood, then re-measuring and re-cutting, then ordering more plywood and cutting again. I'll get a custom mattress made up when I work out the shapes and any folds/splits needed.

You're lucky in Oz, over here it gets freezing cold so we have to insulated against condensation and for heat and install heaters.

Had an idea for curtains, down the long side a single curtain over both windows rolled up on a wooden pole clipped to the hand-holds when up. Then to roll down I'll roll out the curtain and clip the pole to the top of the woodwork to give a fast easy flush-fit curtain without me actually having to make curtains.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 am

Hi GPW
Just to let you know sc is running perfect returned from Aus Monday after ten weeks battery flat new battery first turn it started, we hired one over there and will now gut our van and fit bed at rear now have some great ideas to make it more livable.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 10:40 am

JT69 wrote:
Hi GPW
Just to let you know sc is running perfect returned from Aus Monday after ten weeks battery flat new battery first turn it started, we hired one over there and will now gut our van and fit bed at rear now have some great ideas to make it more livable.

Hi!!

Great news, I'm currently sketching out camper layouts for mine!!

I have decided to take a chance on the 43L fridges for £80 like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inventor-Internal-Capacity-Dormitories-Eco-Friendly/dp/B0796TQ517/
and an inverter, using the money saved to pay for a solar panel, charge manager and extra leisure battery.

This fridge will be positioned behind the drivers seat about 30cm off the floor door opening to the rear. That leaves the rear compressor to sound and cool behind the drivers seat leaving minimum sound to disturb sleep and also good security for turning and braking, just needing to be restrained from breaking free under the immense power of the 1kz Very Happy

The sink will be near the door behind the passenger seat for easy access to water bottles, tap fed by pressurised garden sprayer bottle for silent, convenient operation.

A Planer 2kw heater will replace the rear heater radiator and vents and blow hot air up ducting to the rear woodwork for distribution to the van interior.

Heads will be right next to the back door, the long side will be thin except for a tiny 'rail' cupboard for phones, cups and heater ducting. The short side will be built over the wheelarch to give a 120cm wide double width and removing slats a 85cm single sleep space.

Between the side will be a removeable backrest that sits 6" off the bed to allow sitting up in bed (looking forward and back) and also to form a forward seat when in 'day' mode next to the short side. The long side will extend with mattress right to the fridge to for a seat next to the fridge to look out of the big side door, so you get corner seating lounge.

When the bed is deployed a curtain from the back of the moonroof opening will come down to allow privacy to anyone using the Fiamma 30cm loo that fits under the bed in use. Another similar curtain to drop over the front seats.

Not quite sure where the portable cooker will live but a flap from the wider short side cupboard will swing up and clip to the sink to form a table across the door for it to be used when the door is open. Another slide from the bed out of the tailgate will give the cooker a 2nd position for rainy days (bed converted to single mode to allow passage).

The aims are:
1. Allow comfortable single use (bed + seat)
2. Allow comfortable double use (bed + seat with privacy
3. Allow seating to look forward and sideways
4. Allow the bed to remain mostly made in day mode
5. Allow sitting up in bed both directions
6. Allow decent Hifi (seatbelt points may be used for small tannoy speakers, sub under bed)

Popup mains sockets will allow access to power each side and hookup socket ideally concealed near step where is stays dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION   95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

95 super custom limited seats. IMMACULATE CONDITION
Page 1 of 1