Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front grill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jetscamper

Number of posts : 9
Home City : canterbury kent
Model and year : Toyota Hiace super custom camper 1994 LWB Hi top
Registration date : 2018-03-12

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi all, I need to remove my damaged front grill for repair, or replacement, my camper is a 1994 super custom lwb 4wd , I know how to remove the indicators, but whats next? any advice would be welcome  thanks
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Then remove the side lights, which just pull forward, after the indicators are taken out. Once the side lights are out there is a screw hiding behind the side light that holds the grill in, on each side. Also along the bottom of the grill are a series of little clips. These little clips are prone to breaking but just pull out with the grill.
Hope that helps?
Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
jetscamper

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi Rich, followed your info about the lights removed them unpopped the top poppers and yeah it came off, you were right about the fixing brackets, clips? the lower 4 were all broken already, ill have to use another way of fixing the bottom back after i repair it, but thanks again for the info,really helped me out regards John
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi John,
Glad you got he grill off. I think I've got one bottom clip that still works on mine and the others are all broken. There's probably a supplier somewhere who stock that particular clip, but even with google these days it'll take a while to find them.
Hope you're able to fix the grill easily.
Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:27 pm

toldsimply wrote:
There's probably a supplier somewhere who stock that particular clip

Find your exact van on here:
http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/figlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=136

and then navigate to the part needed that matches your year.

That will give you a part number, try just typing the part number into Google and eBay as sometimes they match, I found a cheap bag of 10 through-hold nylon nuts like that.

Then if you still need it phone up or email Paul at Burrows Toyota (UK only I suspect!) and ask him if he will order it for you, have the chassis number ready.

I say this having just fitted two brand new headlamps plus a new little plastic lower clip to replace a cracked one, it appears that he really can get hold of every single bit of any Toyota LOL, JDM or not Very Happy.
The lesson in the UK if you can't get something for your Toyota is 'try asking Toyota' ...!
Back to top Go down
jetscamper

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi GPW, thanks for the advice, I managed to fix the grill by drilling two holes in the plastic where the clips fit and fixed with a couple of stainless self tappers painted black, worked well, and much easier to remove if need be, my headlight glass is cracked both sides, and i was thinking of replacing them, one has water in the lens and is going rusty around the bulb fitting, ive looked on ebay but they are super expensive. i.e. £280 each from Japan, I found that Burrows has several addresses and not sure which one to contact
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:09 pm

jetscamper wrote:
Hi GPW, thanks for the advice, I managed to fix the grill by drilling two holes in the plastic where the clips fit and fixed with a couple of stainless self tappers painted black, worked well, and much easier to remove if need be,  my headlight glass is cracked both sides, and i was thinking of replacing them, one has water in the lens and is going rusty around the bulb fitting, ive looked on ebay but they are super expensive. i.e. £280 each from Japan, I found that Burrows has several addresses and not sure which one to contact

Hi, sorry I hadn't realised it was such a large company! The one you want is the Sheffield branch:

https://www.burrowsmotorcompany.co.uk/toyota/contact-us/sheffield/

Ask to speak to Paul in the parts department, maybe worth getting his email address if you have specifics to order.

I'm not sure of the style of your headlamps, mine were full height with integrated fog lamp and couldn't find them anywhere after-market, the official Toyota price was also much less than £280 each!!!
I also have a good condition RHS one I could sell you Wink

The grille on mine was also not held in that well so I added a a could of brackets from the main M12 bolts holding some nylon blocks for some stainless self tappers.
Back to top Go down
jetscamper

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi GPW,
The RH light im after i believe is called a side marker. Its part of the right hand one
Here are some pictures, if your one is the same i would like to buy it, thanks for your help

Front grill Smallr10
Front grill Smallr11
Front grill Smallr12
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Ah I thought you were talking about the headlamps - plus mine is a different style, I think your indicators sit directly under those yes?

Call Paul and order two new ones - I can't imagine they are that much new.
Find out the part numbers first though and have your chassis/vin number handy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front grill   Front grill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front grill
Page 1 of 1