Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Shock Removal - How To

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

Rear Shock Removal - How To  Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Hey up all, for my next plan and part of the lowering job sion I have found whilst net searching that VW T4 shocks will fit to the Hiace, I knew my dub background would come into play with this lol, I had a quick look underneath tonight and fronts are a doddle, the rears though I can't see how you get to the top nut on the shock, it's through a cross member but I can't see how you gain access to the top nut???
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Did not do a Hiace but did a Townace you get to them from in the cabin had to take rear seats out to lift the carpet hope it is the same.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 8:19 am

Well, I don't know if the coil spring Hiace is different from the Leaf suspension Hiace... But in my leaf suspension Hiace the floor is completely closed, there are no holes in it. So I would expect anything being done from inside.

Do you perhaps have a picture?
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 11:05 am

It does look like I go from inside as there is no way you could get a spanner above the shock bracket as its so close to the floor, haven't a photo but will look closer inside, my plan is to fit VW T4gas shocks as they appear to be a straight swap and can be obtained a lot easier that the Hiace shocks
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Maybe there's a rubber grommet access from the top?
Can you measure/compute where the top is - from above and look under the carpet?

That will tell you what they intended, I've found the HiAce is easy to maintain as long as you work out how they intended you to get to stuff!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 am

go in from cabin lift carpet and covers you will find the top nut I've done mine and was easy as.
Very Happy
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 am

Cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Removal - How To    Rear Shock Removal - How To  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Shock Removal - How To
Page 1 of 1