Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light   TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 2:17 am

Hi All,

My tems shocks (front ones) have failed a roadworthy check. I'll be able to find non tems replacements but I was wondering if anyone has removed the tems motors and just disconnected the wires and if so have you got a Check engine light on from doing this? Mine has the auto TEMS with no switch on the dash. I'm reluctant to have to deal with a CEL in the time frame I have. I could make a bracket if necesary just to hold the motors in place but won't do this unless necessary.

Cheers,
Dave
Back to top Go down
CaptainCrazy

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Kennesaw, GA
Registration date : 2021-08-10

TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light   TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 5:53 pm

I just did mine today and no CEL or anything. I removed them completely from the plug.
Back to top Go down

TEMS Shock removal - Do you get Check engine light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: