Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanting to replace awning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
YvonneF
YvonneF

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Shepparton, australia
Model and year : TOYOTA HIACE CUSTOM CRUISING CABIN 1992
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Wanting to replace awning Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to replace awning   Wanting to replace awning Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:18 am

Hi All,
Doing some work on my cruising cabin as ive sold my house (exciting) and between purchases am heading to Western Australia for a month to have a look around. I expect to free camp wherever possible, perhaps staying in one spot for only a day or two at a time. One problem i have as a solo traveller is setting up my existing (original) awning. Im short and at 63, although in great health, dont have much strength. Can anyone suggest an alternate, light weight but practical awning i can purchase in Australia? My existing awning has lost its wind out mechanism so i have to resort to an electric drill to wind it out, and stand on a stool at the same time!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
PS: id like to keep my van as original as possible so if its just a case of a new wind mechanism and you know where i can source one that would be fantastic...
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to replace awning   Wanting to replace awning Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 am

Can't help I would like to pass on my best wish's in awe at you spirit of adventure.
Back to top Go down
YvonneF
YvonneF

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Shepparton, australia
Model and year : TOYOTA HIACE CUSTOM CRUISING CABIN 1992
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to replace awning   Wanting to replace awning Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks Clive, just knowing that there's support out there is very encouraging. I've read lots of the posts and you feature in many of them, so good to pass on your knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to replace awning   Wanting to replace awning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanting to replace awning
Page 1 of 1