Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps Empty
PostSubject: wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps   wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 8:21 am

I put a new stereo in my van and now have no real reason to have the built in clock as it is now redundant.  I looked at the pin outs on the back of it and see the following and what I assume the purpose is:

• E(-) - Negative Ground
  • B(+) - Battery 12V to keep time while off
  • ILL(+) - Illumination...but I don't ever seem to see the clock dimming changing when messing with other controls
  • ACC(+) - Turn the thing on when the key is in the ignition

Just want to double check before I pull the clock, make a new blank, and mount my internal/external temperature indicator with a switch so I can turn it off when night driving.  Appreciate any insight.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps   wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 5:37 am

Sounds correct to me.
Connect that illumination wire to the coil of a changeover (form C) relay, the other coil terminal to ground then connect the ACC wire through the normally closed contact of the relay to your temp display. Result: display comes on with the key but only if the lights are not on i.e. at night. No separate switch needed.
If the illumination control hasn't been working there may be a blown fuse in that circuit.
Back to top Go down

wanting to replace stock clock with inside/outside temps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: