Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimboblocke

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Queensland
Registration date : 2014-06-04

Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz  Empty
PostSubject: Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz    Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi there,
My bus has been with an electrician and now a mechanic. The problem is it won't rev over 2000rpm. At first the engine had a very slight miss and then it got gradually worse over a week or so.The electrician tested everything and even got the ECU checked to no avail!i have heard a couple of theories, one being a blocked EGR valve and the mechanic thinks it could be the fuel pump? He is testing that tomorrow.Any ideas before this starts costing me a fortune?
Yours in gratitude. Jim
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz    Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Static rev does not drive?
Fuel starvation, check filter, hoses, fuel pick up in tank, return hose and fuel filler cap. Cap may be the vent type and be blocked easy test try it with the cap off.
Back to top Go down

Problem with my 97 model 3.0 litre 1kz
Page 1 of 1