Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Running on biodiesel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

Number of posts : 65
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Running on biodiesel Empty
PostSubject: Running on biodiesel   Running on biodiesel Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi guys,

first, I'm glad to say we managed to cross the darien gap with our cruising cabin (obviously by container Very Happy) and we now are in the beautiful Colombia.
But, there is only biodiesel here !!!
I saw a couple of posts here about biodiesel and leaking fuel pump, so how long can we run on that diesel before getting in trouble ? Can we delay a bit the issue with some additives ?

Worst case scenario, what should I change to run on biodiesel ?
Thanks !

David
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Running on biodiesel   Running on biodiesel Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

No need to change anything, just fill it and run it.
Have a spare filter handy just in case.
Toyota set the engines to run on most grades of Diesel from good clean Euro/US to from the jerry cans in central Asia. It will run maybe a little lumpy but I suspect you will not notice a thing.
Back to top Go down
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

Number of posts : 65
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Running on biodiesel   Running on biodiesel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm

sorry for the late reply !
thanks for your message, for some reasons, I was expecting gas stations with biodiesel to use 100% biodiesel, but in fact, every station around the globe is using a blend of fossil and bio diesel :p

There is an interesting article online about the different blends around the world :
Biofuels Mandates Around the World: 2014

David
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running on biodiesel   Running on biodiesel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running on biodiesel
Page 1 of 1