Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

where is the diagnostics socket hiding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rrautos

Number of posts : 2
Home City : wales
Registration date : 2014-01-24

where is the diagnostics socket hiding Empty
PostSubject: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi can anyone tell me where I can find the engine diagnostics socket on my van its an "n" plated super custom 4x4 ,3.0 efi diesel, been told it should be in the battery compartment or under the drivers or passengers dash area, however after spending hours mooching in all the usual places around havn't found it. Reason I ask is that once the engine warms up a bit the management light illuminates and the engine starts hunting.
Any info on how to date this van more accurately or wiring diagrams would be great
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:55 am

Mine was by the battery. Grey flip top plastic thing.
Back to top Go down
rrautos

Number of posts : 2
Home City : wales
Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:49 pm

yes mate been told that its there on some of them but defo isnt on mine, have had the driver side lower dash out and no sign of it there either really annoying the japs seem to like to hide diagnostic sockets had the same with a honda a few years ago and ended up scrapping it in the end
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Can the diagnostic socket be adapted or altered to work with modern OBD II type fitting, i have the ELM 327 Bluetooth diagnostic widget that connects to Torque app on smartphone which works great and saves fortunes ?

geoffreyKZH138V likes this post

Back to top Go down
matt580

Number of posts : 5
Home City : NZ
Registration date : 2015-07-18

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 6:03 am

Mines under the glove box.
Back to top Go down
geoffreyKZH138V
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : Moffat Beach
Registration date : 2021-09-05

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 2:25 am

Automaticman wrote:
Can the diagnostic socket be adapted or altered to work with modern OBD II type fitting, i have the ELM 327 Bluetooth diagnostic widget that connects to Torque app on smartphone which works great and saves fortunes ?

old post i know....i am looking into this....anyone have success?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where is the diagnostics socket hiding   where is the diagnostics socket hiding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where is the diagnostics socket hiding
Page 1 of 1