Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front shocks for 3l 4WD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Front shocks for 3l 4WD Empty
PostSubject: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm trying to identify the correct replacement front shocks for my 1994 3l KZH106 4WD. Pedders here in the UK list some for a KZH100 1993-5. I've enquired whether these are the same ones for mine and they have consulted with their Oz colleagues but failed to find any reference to my model. I know from looking at old Oz posts that Pedders there do have the right ones. They say they can identify them with the open & closed lengths.
So can anyone provide me ideally the correct Pedders part number, otherwise confirmation that the KZH100 ones will fit...or does anyone know the open & closed lengths, to save me having to take one off just yet?
Failing that, any other ideas of what other makes are available in the UK which will fit?
Many thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 am

Go here http://www.toyodiy.com/ and select your model and options, all the genuine numbers will be revealed and then you'll be able to get the correct items aftermarket by telling your chosen supplier what the genuine numbers are.
They should have an equivalents book at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 am

OK, I just looked it up, the genuine part number for the KZH106 standard suspension front shocks is 48511-29715
Its common to all KZH106, KZH116, KZH126 and KZH138's to 2004.

If your vehicle has the active suspension then all bets are off, its going to be genuine only.
The TEMS part number is 48511-29725 and it was only fitted to KZH106s from 1993 to 2004.

Use the genuine numbers I've given you to chase down aftermarket equivalents.

Have fun! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 am

Many thanks Jeff, that's really helpful. Brilliant resource! I've found my exact model & the part numbers. Just waiting to see if Pedders can come up with anything...otherwise will try other suppliers.
Cheers.
PS Just received you second post, thanks, must have been looking at exactly the same time!
PPS If any UK owners have experience of obtaining shocks I'd be interested to hear. MIne are standard, not TEMS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Mmm...spoke too soon...round in a circle & back to square one. Pedders say they already know the Toyota part number but can't cross-reference it with theirs, so they need someone else to tell them what their own part number is! confused
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 pm

I had mine replaced a year or so ago with monroe's will see if i can find the reciept with the part no's on it and let you know
cheers dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks Dave. The only thing is I see that yours is a KZH100 and I know that the shocks are different for a 4WD model. Pedders do have replacements for a KZH100. Anyway, it would still be good to have your Monroe part no's as I can use that as a start.
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Got my rear shocks from Lindop Toyota in Queensferry, very quick service Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front shocks for 3l 4WD   Front shocks for 3l 4WD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front shocks for 3l 4WD
Page 1 of 1