Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:46 am

Has anyone change there shocks and what did you use and what do you think??
I am going to look into a change like old man emu and see if they have something that will fit!!
Merv~~ Bus
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 am

Yeah i changed my original front shocks cause they started leaking oil. affraid Was going to put some Rancho adjustable's on but was advised not to by a Racho dealer? Shocked He said they would be too soft even on the most firm setting? I was in a rush so i got Pedders to put some of their 4wd spec shocks on. Rolling Eyes They have been on for about 50,000 kms and perform similar to the originals on road but better off road. Ultimately I would love to stiffen up the front end, but would have to get customised heavy duty torsion bars made though. affraid
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks Srburnsy for your info and next thing what brand of tyres do you run!
We have an ARB place in Toowoomba i will go try them for Emu's during the week but i know what it will be like most places i go and ask about SC they look in there book and say sorry it is not in the book we can't help??
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah same story here - SC? What's that? - Oh right Hi-ace - What- Hay its 4wd?? Dunno mate? Never seen one?

I have Dean tyres - wildcat AT 225/70/15 - had them on for about 45,000kms so far. They have been really good tyres but are almost dead now! I will probably go for some Cooper ATR's next. (little bit tougher) Both these tyres are passenger 4wd tyres and have the correct load/speed rating for our beast's. However they are not light truck construction, only that is required for the Aussie commercial Hiace's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Replaced with standard Toyota KYB ones - cheaper than aftermarket ones!

Made a huge difference - especially to the rebound damping after a dip in the road!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS   OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OLD MAN EMU SHOCKS
Page 1 of 1