Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive Empty
PostSubject: Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive   Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 am

My Engine management light has started blinking 11 times. The mechanic has looked at it and thinks it is the selector switch for the gear selection, or the ECU unit.

The strange thing is it flashes without the jumper on the diagnostic plug, even after resetting the alarms,

Also it flashes 11 times when it is in drive or Reverse, and 1 time when it is in park or neutral.

Any assistance will be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Martin
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive   Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 am

If no one can help you here you could try the hilux forums.There are a few about:) 
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive   Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:22 pm

I seem to have found a solution to the issue of the blinking engine management light 11 times.

When driving the light was off - no blinking. I parked up on a sloping drive and the light started blinking again - 11 times. When reversing the next morning the van would not move properly, I noted that this happened before in my car and it was low auto transmission fluid level. I checked the vans level and it was low, so I topped it right up. Since then the engine management light is off and stays off - no more blinking - problem fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive   Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Management light blinks 11 times when in Drive
Page 1 of 1