Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

engine warning light

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

engine warning light  Empty
PostSubject: engine warning light    engine warning light  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 am

For about 3 weeks now I have had the engine warning light flash on then off ..maybe once a day ..everything seems ok however the idle speed fluctuates at times ..
I went to my mechanic today and he plugged into the computer and it read 22 .. he said that this indicated that the temp sender is not working .. now about mid last year , after i had problems with my radiator spiltting etc , my radiator man put a new temp guage as the original one would'nt go over half way and didn't show a severe rise in temp ...
So after all this time the puta decides that it must give me a warning , so we are now going to put a new sensor in aside from the other one , so the puta will work again and desist sending this signal..hope this works ..as me not being a great mechanic just an old fella have to rely on others ..
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: engine warning light    engine warning light  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 am

Had the new sensor put in so now I have the original guage plus the aftermarket guage (on different sensors ) and the engine warning light was still flashing on about once a day ..went back to my mechanics and they plugged her back into the computer which said no problems ..anyway they cleared the message and said all should be ok ..
After all this and about 11 days after , the warning light briefly flashed back on . Think it's having a lend of me ..lol
Tezza
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: engine warning light    engine warning light  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 am

it was warning you of the end to the mayan calender...a little late
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: engine warning light    engine warning light  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:28 am

Sounds like a loose earth connection somewhere or the capacitors in the ECU are drying out and need to be replaced.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine warning light    engine warning light  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

engine warning light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: