Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Coventry
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Empty
PostSubject: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a set of 2nd hand wheels for my 2wd camper convented super long custom hiace. I've had a good look around the site but have come back a little confused...

I know the pcd is 114 but can anyone tell me the centerbore?

Can anyone advise the max and min offsets I've red 35is about right - does this depend on the width of the wheel - and also how does this relate to width do wider wheels/tyres need a lower offset?

What load rating would the tyres need to be, and what load do the wheels need to be able to take - do most car wheels meet this level?

Also I'm looking to up the gearing for better cruzing and fuel economy at the cost of acceleration, would a 10% increase in distance per revolution fit, and would this be a step to far?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Load 95 or better with wheels to match. No a lot of alloy wheels can take the rotational torque of monster engines, however not the towering heavy bodied sideways G force of a Hiace!
Wheel size no idea.
Back to top Go down
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Clive wrote:
Load 95 or better with wheels to match. No a lot of alloy wheels can take the rotational torque of monster engines, however not the towering heavy bodied sideways G force of a Hiace!
Wheel size no idea.

Thanks I was suspecting that I would need a higher rating than that which opens up options.
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Shandyout wrote:
Clive wrote:
Wheel size no idea.

Thanks I was suspecting that I would need a higher rating than that which opens up options.

Check if you have a door-plate or any docs which give tyre ratings.
Personally, I would go for a higher rating, though my HiAce lists Commercial Load range D (104/106) as the right rating on the drivers door jamb.

In my experience having good tyres makes a big difference to a van's ride & handling- even within tyres that are nominally the same spec: I currently have Kumho Winter tyres on my camper and they are quite significantly less stable than the Michelin Agilis I took off in the Autumn. I'm looking forward to the weather warming up so I can swap back!

Have a read through this thread for more: Suspension_tyres

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi,
Do HiLux wheels bolt up? i believe the diffs are the same and the hubs certainly look very similar!

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi, I plan to fit better tyres though need to sort the wheels to fit them too first!.

All the hilux wheels i've seen are Six stud - where as I need 5 stud
Back to top Go down
1997supercustom

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Australia Wangaratta
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm

I know that 14'' hiace wheel will not fit due to the Diesel having a larger brake calliper at the front.
I know that (AU falcon series 1 ) rims wil fit and have the correct offset, the only difference is the centre black platic cap mount. I just went through the tyre configeration for a RWC in Victoria. The load rating must comply with tyre placard on vehicle bfore they would issue a RWC dont know what rules apply where you are. Tyres from memory were 205 /75 / R15
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 am

Shandyout wrote:
Hi, I plan to fit better tyres though need to sort the wheels to fit them too first!.

All the hilux wheels i've seen are Six stud - where as I need 5 stud

Ah! Sorry- you must have a newer van than me.. Mine are six-stud.

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

I think 5 stud RWD 6 stud 4WD
Back to top Go down
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Clive wrote:
I think 5 stud RWD 6 stud 4WD

I think this correct to.

Im still looking for any advice if anyone has alloys on a 2wd id be keen to know what size and offset they are
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:02 am

Yes 2wd run 5 stud , 5 x 114.3 stud pattern. I run Lexus 18" mags on mine but the centres have to be bored and they are not a perfect offset. You can use most larger Toyota saloons, RWD of course, Hilux earlier models and American Ford, older style. Offset is I believe arouind 35mm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:53 pm

WERX wrote:
Yes 2wd run 5 stud , 5 x 114.3 stud pattern. I run Lexus 18" mags on mine but the centres have to be bored and they are not a perfect offset. You can use most larger Toyota saloons, RWD of course, Hilux earlier models and American Ford, older style. Offset is I believe arouind 35mm.

Sounds promising, what size center bore do we need?
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Best if you run your tape measure across your centres of your existing wheels, just in case there is a difference.
Regards
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
Shandyout
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 pm

WERX wrote:
Best if you run your tape measure across your centres of your existing wheels, just in case there is a difference.
Regards
Rex

That's a good idea- do it the old fashioned way and work it out for my self instead of asking on the forum!

Nb my van is currently having a re-conditioned 1kz-te engine installed inplace of the knackered 3l so im looking to up the wheel size and use the torque to improve the cruzing speed by lengthening the ridiculously short gearing. I figure a 15-20% increase in circumference would make a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?   Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you help with 2wd Hiace Super Long custom wheel sizing?
Page 1 of 1