Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
philburf
philburf

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 1992 Hiace Super GL 4x4 Auto Camper
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment   Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Good afternoon all,
Does anyone know of anyone in the Bristol (south west) who would take on some rust treatment to Cills and body.
I was going to look at this and touch up myself but the cills require more sanding than i have time for and not sure how to apply that thick stone chip paint! there are also alot if tiny dots of rust which need touching up. I don't necessarily want a perfect paint match or a complete re-spray i just want the rust treated and paint touched up.
Any advice / information / recommendations would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
phil.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment   Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 am

Can't help allways done my own.
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment   Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 pm

sorry dude , 140 mile away

wire brush on the end of a drill , an hours work

for treatment i use stuff called por15 , its not really a paint as such , its a treatment for petrol tanks so you can imagine its rather tuff stuff , it really is a paint and ignore forever more application ( you paint it on ) , its also expensive and you can only get it from a couple of places , ebay and some company called fosters ( if i remember correctly ) , good stuff
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment   Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am

Frost Auto Presorvation or something like that. They also do a primer called metal ready.

I think the Mini parts place at the bottom of the M32 sell it??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment   Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted - Body Work / Rust Treatment
Page 1 of 1