Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Head gasket and cyl head

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wafoo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : london, N22
Model and year : Lexus 1994 7 seats 3L Class MPV
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Head gasket and cyl head Empty
PostSubject: Head gasket and cyl head   Head gasket and cyl head Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Second time in 14 months had to replace cyl head due to loss of water. Could only find an occasional drip whilst stationary running the eng. Used Rad Weld and that stopped it then the head went again. Big blue cloud of smoke and glided to a halt. Transporter home. New head and gasket from Ideal Engines, London £830. Garage labour ££680. Back home checked the water, needed half a Ltr. Again the drip from what seemed a pipe. Tightened the nut but still the occasional drip. Had enough, put the front wheels on a ramp and checked all pipes and clips. It was only after a lot of neck craneing that I saw it. Eurika moment... Its the rad. Right up in the drivers side top corner. Back to the garage. They used the existing frame and put in a new radiator. £650. Now the system is holding pressure but after two heads and a depleted bank ballance I watch the temp like a hawk.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Head gasket and cyl head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head gasket and cyl head   Head gasket and cyl head Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 pm

thats the same place my rad went.

had it recorred, but later it develpoed a small leak where the big pipe is welded to the tank. put in some radweld type stuff (not redweld) and that has done the trick.
Back to top Go down

Head gasket and cyl head
Page 1 of 1