Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Purple Passion Wagon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kenanddot

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Cheddar
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Purple Passion Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Purple Passion Wagon   Purple Passion Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 am

Bought my Hiace Super Custom camper van a couple of months ago and would love to know more about it if anyone can help. It is a Japanese import in 2004 and was initially white. However it is now metallic purple with spoilers and tail fin on top at the rear. Inside it is lined in pleated and cushioned dark red velvet with twin 'crystal' chandeliers. It is fitted out as a camper but is very luxurious with matching velvet driver and passenger seats, fancy hi-fi, interior (rear section) air conditioning set in the ceiling and tinted windows. Definitely not your standard Super Custom. I do have some 'shady' ideas as to its possible history but would welcome any comments. It is a 2.8lt diesel and my wife and I love it to bits. It attracts interest and favourable comments wherever we go, and often from the older people who seem attracted to it.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Purple Passion Wagon   Purple Passion Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm

A/C normal, the rest is the result of a Japanese pimp my van craze, with big fins to make it look like a cartoon Manga vehicle.

Your shady ideas do infact refer to the earlier Toyota MPVs and often you will see the tell tale marks of advertising roof bars and loud speakers - wiring often just cut and left in situ. Used on the streets of major cities for a few thousand Yen at a time!
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

Number of posts : 135
Home City : hampshire
Model and year : 1993, Toyota Hiace, 2.8 diesel,
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Purple Passion Wagon   Purple Passion Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:41 pm

hello and welcome, nice to see another customised hiace owner on here, i got mine almost 2 years ago and it still puts a smile on my face when i drive it, just a shame the last owner removed the wing and some of the bodykit, which i want to put back on if i can ever find one.
I used to test japanese imports at southampton docks and i saw a lot of these crazy vans come in, 2 of which are members on this site, thats where i fell in love with them, you wont ever find 2 vans the same as they are all made to the owners spec, you will find vans with the same bodykit but it'll have a different interior or extras on the outside, they were originaly used as mobile knocking shops around Tokyo, which is why alot of them and mine incuded have a full length mirrored ceiling and unless it's been converted into a camper, most only come with a small 1 ring gas burner, which was used to warm up a drink of saki for the customer, lol, but you'll find that most are built by vanning enthusiasts and are members of clubs and meet up for weekends all over japan. i use mine as my daily driver as it's excelent on fuel and it's not to big that you cant park it anywhere.
have a look in the modified aces section for some pictures of these wonderfull creations that i posted and post some pics of your in the members rides section, mines in there if you want to have a nose, it's great all the attention you get with these, even without most of the kit, wherever i park i get people wanting to look inside and ask me all about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purple Passion Wagon   Purple Passion Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purple Passion Wagon
Page 1 of 1