Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RWP in Philly

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Philadelphia Pa.
Registration date : 2020-03-19

I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel  Empty
PostSubject: I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel    I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 4:21 am

zooming along interstate when sudden death - new fuel filter - no change - is there an in tank electric pump? cant find a fuse for one- confused in Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel    I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Hopefully some other users will chime in, but I have read on a couple different posts on the forum about fuel delivery issues. One issue was related to the pickup in the tank getting clogged, another had to do with a crack in the water sensor that screws into the bottom of the fuel filter which allowed air into the fuel lines. The injection pump is also the fuel pump, no electric pump in the fuel tank. Not sure if there is any switches/valves that are electrically controlled on the injection pump that would allow for fuel cutoff. Use the Search function and see if you come across these or others. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
RWP in Philly

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Philadelphia Pa.
Registration date : 2020-03-19

PostSubject: Re: I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel    I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Thank you for these solid suggestions - leads . I did pull the flexible fuel line between the fuel filter and injection pump - at the filter - and stuck it in a cup of diesel in hopes it would drink from the cup. - nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel    I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a 1990 SCD Diesel hiAce wagon not pumping fuel
Page 1 of 1