Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcalpic

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Edinburgh
Model and year : Custom Cruising Cabin, pop top, 1996, 3.0 diesel
Registration date : 2011-06-12

Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Empty
PostSubject: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello,

Factory built Hiace Crusing Cabin Camper, 3.0 diesel 1996

Does anyone know where I could source a replacement rubber strip that fits between roof water channel and YKK wind out awning? The one that came with the camper has been lost and was excellent at preventing water from flooding onto you as you open/closed sliding side door during periods of rainfall.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Chris
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Will any of these do?
http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping.asp?intDepartmentId=4
Back to top Go down
Mcalpic

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll give order code OWS783 a try. The gap between wind out awning frame and water channel is 30mm, so this seal is just short at 29mm, however, I plan to secure the rubber seal to awing frame using duct tape so should be able to bridge the gap with a little trial and error.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Chris
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:15 pm

No problem....not familiar with awning fittings...(yellow pages) local motorhome shop may just stock exactly what you want though.....a quick search for awning seal brings up plenty...heres one
http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Accessories-for-Zip-F45-F65/Fiamma-Rain-Guard-Rubber-Seal
Back to top Go down
Mcalpic

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 am

Great recommendation! Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Mcalpic

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm

I don't get the opportunity to contribute to this forum often, despite it being the first place I come for answers and inspiration on matters concerning my Custom Camper Van.

Thanks to Chris, who pointed me in the right direction, I have sourced a replacment awning rain guard that does the job better than the orginal and is more securely attached to the awning. Details, should anyone with sun/wind out awning require a rain guard:

Fiamma Rain Guard Rubber Seal, Size: L 9.0cm (Code: 561469), Combo Code: 04629-01-

Available from any Fiamma dealer or link in Chris's reply above.
Back to top Go down
Jules53

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bournemouth
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks for this information. We have just bought a Khyam drive away awning for our Hi Ace Custom Cruiser and needed a rain guard to stop the rain dripping in the side door.Your info has saved as so much time and heart ache trying to find one that fits and does the job properly! Thanks both of you for posting this information!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning   Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement rubberseal between roofwater chnl windout awning
Page 1 of 1