Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

London Emissions Zone

Go down 
+3
KIWI DAVE
ruffnut
johnp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
johnp
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 34
Home City : wimborne
Registration date : 2011-10-19

London Emissions Zone Empty
PostSubject: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi all,
I am new to this forum although I have had a Hiace since 1980.

My daughter has a LWB Hiace 4x4 Campervan import LH 119.
She has been told by DVLA that she is required to spend thousands on A Diesel Particulate Filter.

Does anyone know the weight of this van or where the plate is?
She is just about to give birth so I am trying to find out from a distance.

Thanks,

John.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm

hi and welcome John.
have a look in the general chat area there is a few comments in there that may help you and your daughter.
cheers dave Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi John,

Lift the passengers seat to access the engine and the plate is clearly visable there, my van is the SWB version and just slips under the LEZ 2500 kg gross weight at 2490 kg, so I think the your daughters LWB base version will be over the 2500 KG requirement.

Ps there should be a gross weight shown on the V5 document.

Hope this helps,

Cheers dave
Back to top Go down
johnp
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks for your help both Daves.

Yes it seems as if it is 2750 and so there seems to be no option but to spend a fortune.

Anyone already had it done and so can advise.
Can it be a DIY job? It seems not .!
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 pm

We're getting the conversion done as we live in London. Its going to come in at about £2000 ish I think. You could fit one yourself assuming the makers are willing to sell to you.
You will then have to take it to a garage and pay them to test it and register that with the LEZ people/VOSA. Again assuming they will test a fitting that they haven't done themselves.

I'm pissed off as it just looks like a put up job from the road lobby. They’ve decided that we are all going to buy new cars every three years or so and they are doing everything they can to get us regulated into doing so, god forbid we should just keep running older vehicles and cut the pollution from building the things in the first place… sigh, shoulders slump… paranoid rant over. sorry for venting on this thread! : )
Back to top Go down
johnp
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi milkman,
I agree with everything you have said.
Could you let me know where you are having yours done?
I don't seem to be having much success down here.
I may have to take it back to London and then be charged for going to London to get it done !!!

Will it be Euro 3 or Euro 4 because you can guarantee that as soon as we meet Euro 3 then we will be required to change to Euro 4 as the over 3.5 tonnes will have to do in January.

Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

er I'm assuming this vehicle has to either be parked in london or travel thru london?
If not don;t worry about this as you will still be able to drive round the M25 without a filter.

If you do need a filter suppliers are listed here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/roadusers/lez/Approved-device-list.pdf

We are using Hackney Truck Repairs, cant remember which filter make I'm afraid. Not very convenient to Wimbourne but any of the filter suppliers listed will point you to a southern fitter.
Back to top Go down
johnp
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Very many thanks for that info.
It is the first concrete info I have come across.
Will contact them and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Milkman,

I assume that your van is over the 2500 KG gross vehicle weight cut off. If not and if your are the same as my conversion which shows 2490 KG on the V5 document , then like me you may not need the filter.

LEZ have confirmed to me in writing that as mine is a Motor Cravan and under 2500 KG no filter is required Very Happy

Certainly worth you looking into if you have'nt already.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

yeah we did but its very over. cheers though
Back to top Go down
johnp
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes our Toyota is 2750
Even my 4x4 midi is well over 2.5 and that is a SWB.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:56 am

Filter as many heavy particles as you like the microscopic ones that remain in the air are the ones that need to be filtered. No exhaust filter on earth will contain them.
It is not a London thing it comes from the European Coucil, pushed by Germany, France and Spain, funny that they make most of the commercial vehicles in Europe!
Back to top Go down
dieselnutjob

Number of posts : 14
Home City : London, UK
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I just found this whilst hunting for specs
http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/www09/toyota-catalog/pdf/hiace-1/hiace-1_199808.pdf
Back to top Go down
wafoo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : london, N22
Model and year : Lexus 1994 7 seats 3L Class MPV
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi everybody
Have just contacted the DVLA and they said as my vehicle reg. before 2001 it is automatically classes as Private light goods. They would be willing to change it to MPV if I send a picture and say that its used for private only.
LEZ London state that MPV's are exempt and the weight does not come into any consideration. I have already booked the vehicle in for a filter and now hope to cancel it once the dvla have changed the spec.

Thanks to Kiwi Dave for his info about the Eng. No. Lifted the carpet and there it was. 'Simples Tch.'
Back to top Go down
dieselnutjob

Number of posts : 14
Home City : London, UK
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm

wafoo wrote:
LEZ London state that MPV's are exempt

provided that they have nine seats or less. basically it's the same rules as "minibus". you will need to make sure that the V5 says the number of seats because when the TFL people see MPV they then look for number of seats and provided it is 1-9 you are okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Emissions Zone   London Emissions Zone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Emissions Zone
Page 1 of 1