Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheap extra vehicle security

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Cheap extra vehicle security Empty
PostSubject: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

I have fitted a simple tap valve to the fuel line in my diesel hiace for more security. The tap is placed out of sight just under the side of the van near the drivers side step so I can give it a quick twist when I get out if I think I'm in a risky spot. I ran new fuel lines from the exit of the diesel filter across to the tap and back to the injector pump. It will only run for about 10 seconds if started when the tap is closed. Hoping to be able to sleep a bit easier with a nice set of alloys hopefully not far away. Speaking of which, I was told that 17inch Toyota Altezza rims fit our vans. Can anyone confirm? Rich.
Back to top Go down
Elusive
Elusive

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Tauranga, New Zealand
Model and year : 1994 Supercustom, Lowered on 18" Lenso Mags, 5% Rear Tints 35% Front tints.
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:12 pm

17inch Altezza rims are 5x114.3 (stud pattern the same as 2wd SC and Hiace) but the offset is 50p, meaning the rim sits under the guard a lot more then our factory 28p, In other words they don't fit, and if they did they would look terrible being so far under. You could buy spacers/adapters but then you would need to cert your van (NZ WOF new rule). By the way, the information given is talking about a 93-98 SC. Thanks Mat
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 am

Sounds like you know your stuff Mat! Nice work. Your Van looks the business too. Rich.
Back to top Go down
Elusive
Elusive

Model and year : 1994 Supercustom, Lowered on 18" Lenso Mags, 5% Rear Tints 35% Front tints.

PostSubject: Re: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Cheers Rich, Found out about the Altezza rims as I was looking for some for my trailer and actually came across a set that a mate had purchased for his SC but didn't fit (Didn't fit my trailer either Mad )
Back to top Go down
Elusive
Elusive

PostSubject: Re: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey Rich, Is there any chance of a Topic write up on how you installed your Trans cooler, and maybe even your external water temp gauge with a few pictures of each? Thanks in Advance. Mat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap extra vehicle security   Cheap extra vehicle security Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap extra vehicle security
Page 1 of 1