Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tyre pressure

Go down 
+5
CustardCrazy
MalL
WERX
ruffnut
gillypoof
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gillypoof

Number of posts : 13
Home City : brighton
Model and year : toyota hiace camper 2.8 4wd diesel auto
Registration date : 2010-09-04

pressure - tyre pressure Empty
PostSubject: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 am

what presures on my tyres???????
i.ve got a 2.8 diesel hiace camper.and a jap handbook,with pictures.nice but usless
Back to top Go down
http://greensquat@ntlworld.com
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:30 am

i run mine on 40psi
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:29 am

Am running 18" mags on 38psi
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 am

Isn't there a tyre specification label on the driver's door frame? It seems that there are different models. Mine runs light truck tyres with the label showing 50psi front and 65 rear.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:41 am

It all depends on the tyres, Light truck tyres are designed for higher pressures as MalL has said. I have 215/70/15 Yokahama AT tyres which sit just right at 45 psi front and rear. You can test the contact patch by driving slowly driving across a wet concrete patch onto a dry section and check you are getting full width pattern. I would start at max pressure listed on the sidewall and go downwards. The pressure listed on my placard is 35psi but at that my sidewalls are running on the ground. This might have been ok for the original tyres. Later tyres I have found require more pressure as the sidewall stiffness is less than used to be manufactured. Different tyres vary greatly in the construction and therefore pressure required. Slightly overinflated tyres will greatly outperform slightly underinflated tyres in braking and handling. They will also run cooler.

Cheers, Dave
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 am

I probably need to look at my pressuires as i lost it completely the other day, uphill, on a bend in the wet. some rather surprised passengers!!! although i could start a Sideways in Sydney movie - any helpers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am

My Prado is placarded at somewhere around 30psi I think but the local dealer recommended increasing to 40. It certainly improved things, especially in the wet.

I don't know for sure but guess that 65psi for the rear of my Hiace would be right for a loaded cargo van but might be overdoing it for a lighter (?) campervan.

Diverting slightly from the topic, but I have had problems with all four tyres loosing pressure, to the extent of at least 10psi a week. I took the van into Beaurepairs today and they found that the cause was the knock-on type balance weights. They've replaced them with a stick-on type.
Back to top Go down
lincshiace

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Lincoln, UK
Model and year : 1998
KZH138 Hiace wagon
1kz-te
4wd auto
Registration date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 am

My recently acquired Hiace is missing the tyre pressure label. I've got the english translation of the owner's manual but unfortunately it does not provide any info on what the correct tyre pressures are.

The van is currently on Bridgestone RS600 light truck tyres 195/80 R15. The front tyres are at 40 psi and the rear tyres 45. Are these ok ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Django-Wildheart
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 29
Home City : Penarth
Registration date : 2012-11-19

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

my very reliable tyre people looked at the van knowingly the other day and said "50 all round - they could go to 60 but why would you." These are very chunky tyres it must be said . . .
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 am

I have 235/60 all terrains on 16" alloys which I run at 45 front and rear. For me the trick is to get the tyres wearing evenly across the width of the tyre.
Too low and you'll wear out the shoulders pretty quick, too high and you'll wear down the centre (-this sounds like a porridge story! Smile ).
45 gives a good ride with even wear across the width of the tyre.
Back to top Go down
maclaren65
maclaren65

Number of posts : 16
Home City : Mountain View, CA
Model and year : 1995 HiAce Super Custom 4WD
Registration date : 2021-09-26

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 pm

Is anyone running off-road tires on their HiAce? I added Goodyear Wrangler Trail Runner AT 235/75/R15 to my 1995 Super Custom 4WD. I've been going with 32 PSI and am thinking to raise it to 40 psi as suggested above, but 50+ seems too high. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tyre pressure   pressure - tyre pressure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tyre pressure
Page 1 of 1