Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

passenger side plastic pillar cover

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

passenger side  plastic pillar cover Empty
PostSubject: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm

when i had my windshield replaced, the body shop took off the moulding that goes under what we call here the "Holy Sh*t Handle" . They decided without asking me, that it needed to be replaced and went about ordering a new one. the parts suppler said it was "coming," so they threw the old one out, despite in my opinion it was still quite usable... I tried another parts dealer here in Canada. He said his supplier in Japan would make one. A month later it was not available. Apparently the Jigs are no longer in existence.

I have a friend in Japan who has been looking and he has come up empty as of yet. We are all still looking. Do you know where I can get one? passenger side  plastic pillar cover Withou11
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm

what colour are you looking for. i will try the dismantelers here in aus once i find out the colour
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

the colour is grey. I may settle for a less exotic colour like browm. My understanding is it grey or brown. I can always spray paint it.

by the way i like the way you spell COLOUR. This is how I learned in school. Since the internet, our spelling has become Americanized and people are telling me to spell it COLOR. No way José!

thanks Dave.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 am

will see what i can do for you. that is the way i have always spelt it stuuf the yanks spelling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:55 am

did a bit of ringing around and all the guys that i know that had 1 to wreck have all been taken sorry but i can't help maybe someone in the uk can or try wellhouse lesure in the uk they have 1 or 2 that they are dismanteling
good luck
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

thanks for trying. I've looked at wellhouse's website. I get a 404 error when trying to access the 'contact us' page.

Maybe there is someone in the UK who knows where a donor hiace is.

Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 pm

still looking. has anyone seen an SC at a car graveyard lately?
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:28 am

So...uh..well. I almost got a replacement part, but it's not really compatible, unless i cut it off and paint it. still I think it would not look good. It has this furry looking finish - not plastic- so it would be like painting a short haired dog, leaving a brittle finish. It came from a 1990 Hiace..not sure it's from an SC or not....but still looking for the (expletive) matching one.

I ended up sending this image of the wrong trim cover moullding thing part (or whatever TF it's called) to the URL below

https://servimg.com/view/16658755/4][img]https://i.servimg.com/
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 am

could try these guys in oz they had a couple that they were wrecking unsure if they still have them though

http://www.biptoyota.com.au/index.html

good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am

The furry finish is same as the headlining. It will peal off but the olastic under may just be untextured and not match the other side?
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 pm

i emailed that wrecker a few months ago and to no avail

the texture is not smooth on the the other side. the texture of the pillar cover is the same as the handle in the picture above. Extra Texture!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:41 am

have a look on www,trademe.nz.co there were a couple being wrecked on there today 11-10-2011
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 pm

salut! I'm gonna email these guys or make the jigs myself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: passenger side plastic pillar cover   passenger side  plastic pillar cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

passenger side plastic pillar cover
Page 1 of 1