Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ericthered

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32 Empty
PostSubject: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Folks

My 1998 SC, 3lt Turbo, has just had it's fuel pump replaced/recon'ed. - Total Cost to-date $3,500.

Now it labours under start, with lots of white smoke when it starts, then runs very smoothly.

Glow pugs and injectors checked - No problem

There is now an Error Code 32 - Air Flow Meter Signal.

Any ideas as to what it means and how to repair it ?

Would it be causing the start problems and blue smoke on start ?

Thanks - Now been off the road for 6 weeks whilst the diesel mechanics flounder around - At my wits ends now.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Eric,

In the manual found at http://www.scribd.com/doc/39007565/1kz-te
on page DI-12 this is described as
Injection pump correction resistor circuit fault.

As far as I know the Air flow sensor fault is for petrol vehicles using the OBD1 system.
Given that your pump has just been replaced/repaired they may have not replaced the wiring for this hence the instant fault. Maybe it's worth checking with them. i don't know if this problem can cause the white smoke however. ( It might do but I just don't know).

If I don't let my glow plugs run for 15 seconds when cold (now I'v found my newer manual which says to wait for the click under the dash) mine afterburns a lot of fuel (not burnt in the cylinder anyway) and I get a cloud of white smoke on startup. It seems there are two glow systems. One has the glow light showing for a varying period of time (seems to be older system) and on others the light only ever glows for a second but the glow time goes for about 15 seconds. It is here in another thread
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t1795-how-long-for-glow-plug-light-to-be-on?highlight=glow+timer

Cheers, Dave.
Back to top Go down
ericthered

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks mate - Will pass it onto the mechanic and see what he makes of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32
Page 1 of 1