Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ratteling noise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wezman

Number of posts : 11
Home City : norfolk
Registration date : 2007-09-26

ratteling noise Empty
PostSubject: ratteling noise   ratteling noise Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi just bought a 3.0tdi 4x4 and its great but just found a rattel from the rocker Crying or Very sad if i put some oil in it as it was a bit low Crying or Very sad it went away for a bit but come back Question Its not all ways there just now and then any help many thanks wezman Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

ratteling noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: ratteling noise   ratteling noise Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 7:26 am

Have you checked valve clearances? Also the camshaft bearings may be slightly worn. Easy to replace if the engine has done high mileage.I am not familiar with the 3.0TDI as I have a 2779cc 3L engine.Also might be diesel knock, try changing the oil first before you raid the Bank Account. Good Luck - you can't see noises so you gotta go hunting by sense alone!!
Back to top Go down
wezman

Number of posts : 11
Home City : norfolk
Registration date : 2007-09-26

ratteling noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: ratteling noise   ratteling noise Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:13 am

thanks i will change the oil first! it not there all the time so it may be a blocked oil way ? hopefully, are there any books on the engine out there
many thanks wezman
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

ratteling noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: ratteling noise   ratteling noise Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:09 pm

There is a link to the pdf engine manual on the forum
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

ratteling noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: ratteling noise   ratteling noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ratteling noise
Page 1 of 1