Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painfull speaker upgrades

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Painfull speaker upgrades  Empty
PostSubject: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:56 am

Hi. Has anyone changed the front and/or rear speakers for better units? The front door speakers in mine are an odd size (about 5.5 inch) and have offset screw pattern which don't match anything aftermarket. Both of my little surround "tweeter" sized speakers don't work either! Do yours? Let me know your set ups! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Insight
Not so new now
Not so new now
Insight

Number of posts : 32
Home City : Warkworth, New Zealand
Model and year : 1990, 2RZ-E 2.4petrol.
Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

Currently in the proccess of doing up me sounds. Your lucky to already have speakers in the front doors, would like to put some in mine but the wiring requied is a total nightmare ( and im no electrican ). Would need to feed new cables somehow through all the strapped up conduit underneath the front and into the door.
Also wanting to replace the current stock 6" speakers in the back with something a bit more modern. Just figuring out how to mount them is the fun part
But the crown jewel is a twin 12" kicker sub-box which I scored at Repco for 25% off along with a kicker amp off trademe which will be a nice addition to the back.

Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Sounds good.I'm a bit worried about security so I built a semi wedge shapped MDF sub housing that sits directly behind the drivers seat facing back.(wedged to account for the seat angle) It will have a lift up front flap which I have routered lines in and will attach handles onto to make it look like a small set of draws (electrical tradesman styles) to disguise it. Cool
Back to top Go down
Elusive
Elusive

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Tauranga, New Zealand
Model and year : 1994 Supercustom, Lowered on 18" Lenso Mags, 5% Rear Tints 35% Front tints.
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:46 am

My SC has had the rear speakers changed to 6x9's, and surprisingly it doesn't look to bad, next step is to add 1 or 2 sets of SST's to the front doors and maybe power them off an amp. Tell me how you guys get on with your setup's as we could use a few ideas.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

i changed the front tweeters to high power ones off of ebay...easy change as long as you check the sizes
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Insight
Not so new now
Not so new now
Insight

Number of posts : 32
Home City : Warkworth, New Zealand
Model and year : 1990, 2RZ-E 2.4petrol.
Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:59 am

Okay. Sent my van into the local auto electricans the other day and got my stuff finally installed.
Hopefully no theives are reading...

So I have no speakers in the front cab so bought these, they're currently on the ground but sit nicely up behind the front seats. There is also an extra 3m coil of wire stashed away attached to these so they can be moved around as I wish.
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5010

System in the back.
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5021

Amp on back of sub with cables feeding under carpet below seat
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5029

Electrican did a good job of hiding these and feeding them up to the front.
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5026

Wires feeding up beside front passenger seat.
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5016

The hole in my soul. Where the headunit would go had it not been a faulty piece of Sh*t Raining
Painfull speaker upgrades  IMG_5032
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painfull speaker upgrades    Painfull speaker upgrades  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painfull speaker upgrades
Page 1 of 1