Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First my indicator & now my clock?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

First my indicator & now my clock?! Empty
PostSubject: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:09 am

Whats going on?! The other week I kinda wacked the indicator on as I approached my turn. From that point on the indicator was about 3 times as fast as the other side. Not if I put the hazards on, just to turn left.

Then it just went back to normal about 2 weeks later.

But now this morning I get in the car & my clock isn't working?! Do I have gremlins in my wires?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:38 am

Ok... Your left indicator flashing too fast means you have blown a back or front indicator bulb? Or by the sounds of it a bad connection at one of the lamp holders?

As for your clock.... Probably Gremlins? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:56 am

or fuse?
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 am

Both front & back are working fine. Maybe the connection.. It goes in on Monday for some work so will ask them to look for me.
Clock isn't a big deal but a pain none the less.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 am

Fiona, are all of your other electrical instruments on your dash working? Instrument panel lights, climate control read out, radio ect... If all those parts are working then it's most likely the clock itself or the connection plug on the back of the clock? To get to the back of the clock the face of the dash has to be removed, there are screws in each of the air vents and screws above your speedo and around next to the steering column on the left and a couple under the release leaver for the petrol flap, then it can be gently removed keeping in mind that there are a few clips that will make it a little difficult. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:35 am

No, My air con / vents etc have never worked. You know the bits where you slide the thing across to pick your settings. I have no back light on those & never have. If I take a photo of my Dash. can you photo shop it in someway to mark where there screws are to remove it as I still haven't put in the FM expander thingy on the radio.

I will have a look a little later but with my fat pregnant gut its hard to get in & around to find them all. I am still hunting down the darn water leak when it rains. It has to be the windscreen.
But yeah being in Cairns the weather isn't so friendly for sitting in a car while getting frustrated at removing bits. I will end up being in a sauna LOL
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 am

Laughing Yeah especially if your pregnant! Sounds like a job for later on. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am

Ok it would appear the clock is a fuse as my cig lighter isn't working either.
So while I have searched the forum (how I discovered teh cig lighter & clock where on the same fuse) I can not find where the the fuse box thingy is! Its not anywhere that has been said in any of the posts I have looked at here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm

fuses should be next to the foot rest on the drivers side of the centre console hard to see but it is there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:42 pm

foot rest? you mean the bit right up where the clutch would be if it was a manual?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

yes that's the place
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 am

Found it, well I didn't my neighbour did. All fixed Smile
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 am

good to here
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:58 am

Now to work out the bloody leak & im set! LOL

Oh & apparently it needs a coolant flush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:50 am

Fiona - did you ever get the leaks fixed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First my indicator & now my clock?!   First my indicator & now my clock?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First my indicator & now my clock?!
Page 1 of 1