Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some stupid questions....

Go down 
+2
ruffnut
Fiona
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Some stupid questions.... Empty
PostSubject: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:08 am

Ok, I need to do a new rego here in QLD which sucks.

I need to know how many cylinders the hiace is & also what its GVM is to work out the quote.

I just took it for a road worthy & it needs about $300 worth of stuff to pass ( the rubber things ont he rear schocks are split & then something up the front with the steering, plus the blue parking bulbs need to be changed to clear)

I can't believe we going to be up fro so much money when we only did all this in november in NSW. Im not happy
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 am

4 Cylinders not sure on the gvm sorry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

thanks Very Happy now to figure out what they class it, its not a mini bus as it needs a m in of 9 seats, but its not a car or station wagon & its not a light commercial van?!
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:21 am

You should get the weight and other bits of info here....you need your model number which is on the plate under the passenger seat (if its right hand drive)
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/hiace/
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Fiona... Why do you have blue parking lamps??

The rubber parts on your shocks are cracked hay... well so are mine and they have been like it since i bought the van.. They are just mounting cushions so i wouldn't be concerned. I had the rubber bushings on the sway bars replaced when i put the new springs in and all up it was under 300 bucks.. so tell em their dreaming! Go find another garage that will pass your van with out trying to find unnecessary things to replace, they just want your money i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 pm

really?
Blue lamps were what were in it?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:22 pm

One thing it hasn't got to be done every year up here. It is just a passenger car for rego. I'll check our label and repost later
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah it is simply because its a "new rego"
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:39 am

I wouldn't renew it now I'd leave it till november and then do it.
QLD rego is something we NSW'ers can only dream about, **** we get ripped off here, not to mention motor bike rego and green slips in this **** hole of a state. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 am

not allowed, you are meant to do it with in 14 days. I will get fined if pulled over I think.

Also, I don't think NSW has quite so bad you know. Compared its about teh same. Bike is going to cost about $330 to rego & the car is looking to be about $990
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some stupid questions....   Some stupid questions.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some stupid questions....
Page 1 of 1