Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ouiallo
ouiallo

Number of posts : 9
Home City : yandina qld
Model and year : toyota hiace 1999 2.0 manual (with a sticky shifter)
Registration date : 2011-01-30

2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Empty
PostSubject: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 am

hello mates!

I recently bought a propane/electric fridge for my hiace and im plannin on reconditionning the inside into a campervan to go travelling around the mgical land of Oz... thing is , everytime I ask someone (friend,familly,propane fitters,car modifier,rv people) I get a different answer on the regulations scratch ...

I' ve been trying the gov.au website study , thought they make the laws over here, but that serch seems to be a long one...

how do I make this legit? is there really any law or do the professionals just use common sence???
one told me the propane tank belongs in the front, the other one said it "has" to be in the back, one more told me it had to be on the roof and another said it had to be inside the van with a casing... what's next? does it has to be under the van now??? drunken

they where all professional installers suposetively licenced to do this... but none could tell me where I can find concrete answers, they all contredict themselfs...

Im shure someone here knows about modifications, where do you go to verify it's legit???

Im guetting annoyed by all the cracklejacks pros who don't know what to do, and mostly I don't want to be pulled over for a stupid mistake or worst, blow up my van...

any ideas??? web sites? phone #? jeez, I would even pay someone to do this if they can make it legit (ie: to code)

I also have a 30W solar panel I need to install, am I still gonna be confronted with the same problems?

I will verify!!!

thx krix
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:25 am

To make it legal you have to have it fitted by a licenced fitter so I would go to a caravan place and ask them. They would be doing it all the time.
welcome by the way
Back to top Go down
ouiallo
ouiallo

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 am

That's what I did but they all contredicted themselfs... most RVs or custom vans seems to have them installed on the back, but the local installer in homehill said that it is illegal... he also said that he doesnt know where to find real infos, but he said that he is certified... I know it has to be done by a professional in this countrie(Au)... I would just like to know for myself, before I pay someone to wreck my car for me...

thx aussiQ but that's not the good answer...
Back to top Go down
ouiallo
ouiallo

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 pm

do you know any trustwordly licensed pro capable of doing something like that... the job is simple, the stamp of approuval is hard to get
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Good thing your not still in Homehill, could be getting a bit blowy with the cyclone about now..
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi, Why propane fridge, I use german made waeco coolmatic 12 volt and it will run for a couple of days without flattening the battery and it will freeze in the hottest of conditions.
Back to top Go down
ouiallo
ouiallo

PostSubject: coolmatic??   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 pm

[quote="mr freeze"]Hi, Why propane fridge, I use german made waeco coolmatic 12 volt and it will run for a couple of days without flattening the battery and it will freeze in the hottest of conditions.[/quo

It comes down to money and size really, I like the space with the fridge we have but looks like i'll have to spend alot extra money getting it all safe, maybe waeco is the way to go...secondhand perhaps? also they don't look too big..
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:00 am

I have a 40ltr Engel fridge and like the Waeco's it goes for days with out flattening the battery, Engel have up to 95ltr built in's and freestanding units and in my opinion it would be the better option. You will end up spending big dollars ether way, just a lot less hassle with the 12volt/240volt system's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?   2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 way fridge regulation for qld Australia?
Page 1 of 1