Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is the fridge relay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cjs_surf
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Dublin
Model and year : 1991 LH119 PT 4WD Hight Top YMC Camper
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Where is the fridge relay Empty
PostSubject: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi
I've 91 Yokohama MS Hiace Camper and it came with a 3 way fridge I've gotten it working off gas and mains but it won't run off the engine, there's a connector at under the sink which is getting 12V but fridge never cools, I took a look at it tonight

The element ohms out OK, when I took the wiring appat and tried to measure the current it was zero - I was expedcting 6A.

I measured the voltage with the firdge connected and it collsapeses to nothing - that points to the relay being dead and high resistance, that would explain why I get voltage but no juice.

I had a look in the back of zig and there's no relays so it must be near the battery, light was against me. Would anybody know where to look and what to replace it with.

Also if it's any good I'll trade a wiring diagram for the camper side of the van
http://www.box.net/shared/hllysrxlql

Thanks

Ciaran
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 am

Some 3 way fridges are designed to only work off 12v while in transit - could be you have one of those?
Back to top Go down
cjs_surf
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Dublin
Model and year : 1991 LH119 PT 4WD Hight Top YMC Camper
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Got it working there was a burned on component - resistor, diode or choak in the wiring loom beside the battery, it was powering the fridge replace it with a connector and it's working. will add a fuse as soon as I can. It will now keep the fridge cold once I run the gass for a while. At the moment it's disconnected.
Back to top Go down
tom

Number of posts : 8
Home City : hertfordshire
Registration date : 2011-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

hi guys, i've have a 94 hiace 2.8 diesel auto with a three way fridge. the electric parts seem to work ok, but i'm having trouble getting the electronic ignition to work. this is not a piezo operated fridge. there is gas in the bottle, albeit not much and the carbon monoxide warning is working. the neon light on the fridge is constantly on when the electronic ignition switch is on. i know the switch is working because i can hear the click from somewhere behind the fridge and the neon light on the fridge illuminates, but there is no clicking form the electronic ignition, the gas the gas doesnt light, nor is there any smell of gas.
is the electronic ignition reliant on greater pressure from the gas cylinder, ie, does the gas bottle need to be very full to work?
im at a loss and have pulled out what little hair i have left in the frustration of it all, so any help will be gratefully received.
tom
Back to top Go down
BFG
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 24
Home City : West Midlands, UK
Model and year : 1994 HiAce Reimo conversion, 2.8 auto.
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Tom,

Are you getting any gas through to the cooker? If there's enough in the bottle to ignite at the cooker, the fridge should be ok. Is the fridge one where you have to press the regulator knob in to open the gas flow whilst pressing the ignition? That's what we have to do on ours, and also hold it in for about 5 seconds once it's ignited.

Cheers,

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the fridge relay   Where is the fridge relay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the fridge relay
Page 1 of 1