Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Empty
PostSubject: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:13 am

i was just looking about on Ebay and found glow plugs the brand is VSP and for the 3lt. 1KZ they are $60 any know what they are like or should i be using better ones??
Just thought for that price some in the shed could be good later!! Razz
Merv~~
We went bush today and all i can say anyone that is not on 98 load tyres you don't know what you are missing!! Laughing
Out with those truck tyres they are good on trucks but we don't have trucks and at last i got the nuge~bar no YAHOO! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:02 am

The glow plugs for the 1KZ are fast heat type. This means you do not have to wait for them to heat before trying to start the engine. Twist the key and go in effect.
This makes them a little more expensive than standard ones, however if you are prepared to wait 10 seconds or so other ones should be ok.
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:40 am

OK thanks Clive well just maybe i am doing things that aren't the way they should be i turn the key then when the glow plug heat light goes out then i start?? The bloke with the plugs on Ebay sent back a reply he wants to know what the numbers are on the ones i now have in! i just thought would be good to have some spare?? Laughing
OK so i should start the motor while the plug light is still on ?? Embarassed
Bugger i will have go try that i was told to turn the key and wait until the plug light goes out and then crank?? Evil or Very Mad
Start has been ok but when it was very cold here was a bit that way?? Sad
Merv
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:56 am

Anyone pulled a plug out if so do they have any numbers on them??
PLEASE~
MERV!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm

No but my light goes out straight away and cold starts (gets a bit chilly on Tamborine) haven't been a problem. 

Number here Merv 
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199409_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MFPQT_1901.html?hl=19850
Was the $60 for the set?  $110 here..

http://www.dencodiesel.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?page=store&idProduct=403&idCategory=100
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Buy cheap plugs at your peril - I've seen Chinese ones where the centre has dropped out and ended up rattling about in the pre combustion chamber Shocked

WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Glowplug
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:33 am

Drummer "G" thanks for all the help and the info hell one would never buy those from China Raining after those photo's What a Face but it is very good to know these things cheers if you didn't tell me i would not have known Cool and i would think that the bottom off the plug going around and up and down in the motor Evil or Very Mad well that would be the end on the plug Rolling Eyes Very Happy Rolling Eyes and what about the cylinder Mad !
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers
MERV~~~~~~~~` : Surprised
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Maybe I shouldn't be slagging off Chinese stuff as I'm sure some of its just fine as most major manufacturers use China for cheap labour but there is some crap out there! I just can't see past NGK plugs, either spark or glow Very Happy

BTW - the tip of the glowplug won't go into cylinder on the Hiace motor but it'll go directly go into cylinder in a direct injection engine....................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????   WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO KNOW'S ABOUT GLOW PLUGS?????
Page 1 of 1