Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bigger wheels and tyres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Bigger wheels and tyres Empty
PostSubject: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey guys

I just got bigger tyres put onto my ride

i decided on black steel rims with cooper AT tyres 225/70/16 and it looks really mean now pics will be up soon

They are rubbing in a few places but nothing a good panel beating wont fix lol

But we are still trying to lift the body but are having trouble with bigger shocks and springs

anyone put bigger shocks and springs under there ride??

Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 am

Here are the pics

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1112

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1113

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1114

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1115

where the tyres rubbed the guards
Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1116

where the tyres rubbed the guards
Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1117

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1118

Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1119

this one just made me laugh so much
Bigger wheels and tyres P19-1120

the pics are not that great sorry

Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 am

Nice look Mattj.

Just wind the front torsion bars up and that will eliminate most of the rubbing. Does yours have leaf springs or coils on the rear? Easy if you have leaf but If like me you have coils then your best to get new one's specially made. I got Pedders to sort it out, they got the coils made up by King Springs. My springs are about 2.5inch taller and heaps stiffer to cope with the extra weight i carry. They cost me about $350 from memory, well worth the effort!
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 am

Hey mattyj how wide are your rims ? I tried on Hilux 15" X 7" mags the other day and no way will they fit. They hit the upper control arm before the even reach the studs.
Pitty , could have got em for nicks with 255/70/15 tyres, now that would look ......hot
I need new tyres now, but limited with 6" rims.
What size rims & tyres are on burnsy's van, Hi burnsy.
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 am

the rims are usa wheels 16x7 my package cost me 1440 plus the centres 60

springs in the rear torsion bars wound up all the way its nearly on the bump stops lol
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:08 am

All springs at Liverpool made my rear coils ,they also beef up leaf springs as well.
Is yours a manual or auto , if it's an auto can you give me the model of the tranny should be a tag on the side of the box., I need to fit another transfer case to my van, and could be the go to fit the early model box and everything to get LO range and everything Smile
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 am

Hi Tony, mate i think your dreaming about trying to fit the old to the new... would be nice though if it was a perfect world. Mattj's Hiace is a totally different beast! It has the 2.8 motor and transmission along with the part time 4wd with hi/lo range transfer case, which non of this would bolt up to our's sadly. Sad It would make more sense to do a complete swap of the whole engine and transmission or convert to a Prado or Surf transfer case along with a center diff... And if your lucky to get that to bolt up, would the transmission and diff ratio's work? Rolling Eyes

I have dreamt about this too along with front and rear air lockers and there is no easy way, oh and hay I would never give up my 1kz motor either! Wink Besides... i can get on the beach without real 4wd anyway. cheers
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:10 am

G Day, Steve, long time no hear from you.
I guess dreaming is all I can do, because all the transfer cases on Hilux & Surf seem to have the front drive shaft coming out the drivers side and the good old SC comes out the n/s . My dreams suddenly have turned into a nightmare.
I was dreaming of fitting a transfer case from the Surf with dual range and lock.
Maybe one day you and me can take mine out to Boat Harbour to see how it goes,,, don't forget to bring shovel.
Im going to jack up one back wheel tomorrow on the slippery grass and see what happens.
It should try to pull away with the front wheels or should I say wheel hopefully. confused
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:24 pm

sorry mate been out camping all week

us Sydney guys should get together for a meet and greet sometime soon so we can have a look at each others rides maybe have a BBQ as well or even do some 4wding

let me know what you guys think
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:47 am

sounds good to me . Yeah ,we should meet up one day .
4wd ing hey !!! you can go first.
affraid
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:14 am

scared you wont make it lol
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 am

Yeah Mattyj we need you along so's you can pull us out. Laughing

So a 4x4 trip/meet at Boat Harbour or Blue mountains? Beer and BBQ a must! Would have to be after christmas for me though. rendeer
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 am

thats cool

lol

im busy till after xmas too i have to move but need to find a place first lol

where is boat harbour?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 am

Sic will have to do it then... Never been to Boat harbour 4wd park but would like to check it out, it's at south Sydney's Kernell with all the sand dunes yeah. Lock it in for after christmas then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:23 am

Yep ,after Xmas , Boat Harbour sounds good to me.
It's out 1/2 way along the Kurnell Rd near Cronulla , Gods country , THE SHIRE.

You know thats where NSW government just wasted a couple of billion $$$$ for the desalanation plant.

Cost last time was $15 to get in , basta;;;;ds probably put it up again by now,

Can somebody please explain how a mining company can own the frikin beach.
And the pricks have taken almost all the sand dunes.
Tons of sand used to blow off shore when i was a kid and fill up the ocean and make new banks everywhere.
Cronulla was a hot surf beach .... when the dunes were there.

i have to go now because i'mm starting to get really mad thinking about all this enviromental crap the bureaucrat's keep going on about. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:17 am

HAHA yeah i'm hearing ya there Tony! I better not get you started on the proposed gas processing plant in the Kimberly's hay. We just love shitting in our nest don't we! Mad http://www.savethekimberley.com/barnett_development_email.php
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 am

Yeah ! I've been all through the kimberly's a long time ago. What can i say , magic place, a place of dreaming.

I filled out the pettion and sent it to 4 friends , anyone on this board should do the same , even the overseas guys and gal's, It's our world !!

We have to tell these stupid idiot politician's to JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:50 am

Trying on some cooper 225/70 r15s at3 on thursday. Pretty sure theyl fit with with about a cm to spare and will post pictures when i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bigger wheels and tyres   Bigger wheels and tyres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bigger wheels and tyres
Page 1 of 1