Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bigger tires and regearing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Bigger tires and regearing? Empty
PostSubject: Bigger tires and regearing?   Bigger tires and regearing? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 5:47 am

My 94 SC 4wd has 4.10 gears. I just installed 30” tires (no lift). Is way too high geared now, no power to climb hills on highway or off road. Thinking of changing to 4.88 gears. Has anyone had this issue? Did you pay to have it done or do it yourself? What was the cost?
Back to top Go down
nagrom7
Not so new now
Not so new now
nagrom7

Number of posts : 27
Home City : VIRGINIA BEACH
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2022-01-29

Bigger tires and regearing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger tires and regearing?   Bigger tires and regearing? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 8:21 am

TacticalAnt wrote:
My 94 SC 4wd has 4.10 gears. I just installed 30” tires (no lift). Is way too high geared now, no power to climb hills on highway or off road. Thinking of changing to 4.88 gears. Has anyone had this issue? Did you pay to have it done or do it yourself? What was the cost?

Did you ever get this solved? Curious where you sourced the hearing from, a Hilux?

Looking at 235 or 245 tires and considering this myself
Back to top Go down

Bigger tires and regearing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: